Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 4

When Fallout 4 was first officially announced back in June, I had expected that Bethesda would supply us with a steady stream of gameplay videos in the months leading up to its release, much like CD Projekt did with The Witcher 3. Instead, all we got was a bunch of rehashed snippets from the game's E3 presentation and a series of (admittedly well-done) animated shorts describing Bethesda's new streamlined take on the SPECIAL system. The press-exclusive gameplay video they showed at Gamescom was never properly revealed to the public, either.

What was going on with Fallout 4? That question may have been answered when retail copies of the game began leaking out to the public at the beginning of the month, a week and a half before its official release date - a turn of events which made Pete Hines a very unhappy man. In addition to spoiling the game's big twist to a hilarious degree, what those leaks revealed was that Fallout 4 was, well, a rather humble-looking game - not much more than a souped up Fallout 3 with dialog wheels. Let me remind you that this is a next-gen title that had been in development for over four years.

The game's launch trailer, which has been out for a few days now, may give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Watch as the Sole Survivor begins his journey to unite the factions of post-apocalyptic Boston against the sinister forces of the Michigan Institute of Technology. Tough moral choices no doubt abound:

So yeah, Fallout 4 is out now. You can get it for $60 on Steam, along with a $30 Season Pass for DLC that has yet to be announced. Is it going to be as successful as Fallout 3 and Skyrim were? Or will the gaming public finally realize that Bethesda are in fact a rather middling mid-sized developer who, by means of oversized marketing budgets, have been successfully masquerading as an AAA studio for the past decade? Well, a few people might. The game's still going to sell twenty zillion copies, though.

Adon

Arcane
Can't wait for the slow realization when people finally see the mediocrity. Or at least until those paid reviews have expired.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Or will the gaming public finally realize that Bethesda are in fact a rather middling mid-sized developer who, by means of oversized marketing budgets, have been successfully masquerading as an AAA studio for the past decade? Well, a few people might. The game's still going to sell twenty zillion copies, though.
They're like Obshitian, except that their games sell.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Graphics look pretty great to me, environments look much better than Skyrim's. Yeah, they put zero additional effort into faces and facial animations. I imagine most Bethesda fans don't care; I mean they haven't since Oblivion, why would they start now? :M

Disgruntled

Savant
Hmm, so the codex didnt get a review copy?
The deconstructions are always a highlight here and a necessary summary to save time for anyone who needs to point out why its bethshit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Graphics look pretty great to me, environments look much better than Skyrim's. Yeah, they put zero additional effort into faces and facial animations. I imagine most Bethesda fans don't care; I mean they haven't since Oblivion, why would they start now? :M
Faces don't really look that bad. Look better than the low res pastel-colored fest that is the enviroment.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Its not that bad of a game probably. But its really great to see where the franchise has gone. You had to be the one Fallout, you had to sacrifice yourself.

Elzair

Cipher
Are people seriously planning to play this? Let's give this the SCL treatment.

Sjukob

Arcane
star-wars-luke-screaming.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom