Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

`

oscar

Arcane
I've lost track of who a lot of these people are..

oscar

Arcane
That would be appreciated.

Is our present hammer two handed? I imagine a shield would be difficult to wield alongside a warhammer so A)

2: x, y and v shouldn't burden us too much

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
C) If the hammer can be wielded effectively with the shield, otherwise A.

Then 2), v , y. The sack of silver coins ( x) )only if it can be carried conveniently (can we use the sack for the other loot?).

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
B) Save your son, fight with Damrod. If you catch Carney, cut the cowards foot off and leave him to enemy, hoping their feeding on him will slow them down and buy you time.

oscar

Arcane
B) Save your son, fight with Damrod. If you catch Carney, cut the cowards foot off and leave him to enemy, hoping their feeding on him will slow them down and buy you time.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I leave the combination to someone else this time.

For character, 2). Should be interesting.

oscar

Arcane
B2

Not sure about the puzzle but a fairly straight forward progression of small seeds growing into something solid and formidable?

Perhaps C though what could be wheat (farmers/the foundation of society/those who fight), oak (warriors/those who defend society/dependent upon the farmers), flower (the fruits of nobility and civilisation/dependant upon the warriors).

Only A doesn't make much sense.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
1 for the character. Let's kill the whole family!

I'll think about the combo.

2) for the character. I wonder what could be in Carney's mind after he got possessed.

B2

Not sure about the puzzle but a fairly straight forward progression of small seeds growing into something solid and formidable?

Perhaps C though what could be wheat (farmers/the foundation of society/those who fight), oak (warriors/those who defend society/dependent upon the farmers), flower (the fruits of nobility and civilisation/dependant upon the warriors).

Only A doesn't make much sense.

I think we are not presented combinations, rather three options per disk. So we are not choosing between A, B, and C, rather between Ax, Ay, Az, and so on.

Here are some theories:

The most obvious symbol for the first disk is fire. However, I am not sure that it is the right one, because
1. fire seems to be this room's hazard, and the last puzzle did not incorporate water into its solution
2. fire was already the solution for the drowning room puzzle

On the other hand, if this a metaphor for development of mankind or something similar, the first symbol is probably water (water of the womb, water that is necessary for crops to grow, etc.)

Following the growth of man motif, I'd say the others are either Bx (acorn), Cy (Oak), or By(furrow), Cx(wheat). The former has the "high places" that we see in the carvings in the form of the oak, whereas the latter follows more closely to the imagery of the room.

Regardless, we ought to be careful with this one because I doubt any member of the party is fireproof.

EDIT: the above puzzle combos are not votes, just theories.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I'll vote yxy (wind, acorn, oak) for the lock. The wind can bring the acorn to the ground. It could also represent the disparate drifting people who become the army. Acorn to oak shows starting from humble beginnings and growing into a mighty king.

I think I am going to go with XXY (wind acorn oak) instead. Water has stronger connection to growth IMHO. From birth of man (water of the womb) to the water that is necessary for the oak to grow. The former is especially relevant if this is meant to be the story of human growth, whether individual (like the king) or his people.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
The rhysbidean may be one of the nine. Fighting them looks like a terrible idea. Lets be a jerk. A

A mechanical whirring followed a faint click. The hinges shifted and the door sprung open an inch.

:dance:

I can't believe that actually worked.

C, and watch out for Carney. These guys seem determined to get what they want. I doubt they are going to split off to chase down some barbarian. On the other hand, Carney is much more likely to catch up to us and stab us in the back for all the loot weighing us down.

The issue with B) is that there is a good chance there might be a small army of ghouls and/or the rhysbidean behind us, and being sandwiched between them and the Nazgul seems like a pretty bad idea.

A) and D) seem fun, but there are probably better ways to commit suicide.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom