Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
REZ BRO

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
System Shock

5ih8pk35.jpg

jw2upove.jpg

kjen8ohx.jpg

tdspmwe2.jpg

Do not laugh but I've found Super Mario Bros very trippy since my first play.
Earthbound is an obvious choise as well but this one below is far beyond anything else:

:Flash:

Arcane
Vangers: One for the Road
The ultimate level of Russian 90's trippyness put into one game.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'm kinda impressed no one has mentioned LSD: Dream Emulator. It's not a very good game per se, but I think it's something that's still worth experiencing. It's procedurally generated and pretty fucking weird.

Reminds me of a bug in Deus Ex: Manass Divided where everything looks fucked up if you alttab.
AEDFA7CDE8904E7D35B3B83554FCBBD5E023A799

I think Hotline Miami is very trippy. It definitely felt like a trip to me while playing - the soundtrack and gameplay definitely work to get you in 'the zone', so to speak.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Asking for a "trippy game" and then expecting a cohesive story or making a judgement that it's pretentious doesn't really make sense, because that's not how trips work.. Trippy games are designed to evoke or amplify the sensation of being on a trip, and I wouldn't really expect any more intellectual depth out of them than "woah dude check out the fractals man" or something along those lines.

Maybe watch Enter the Void or Requiem for a Dream but those can be tough to slog through idk

That said, recommendations:

Yume Nikki

Hylics

Rememoried

Ilamentia

I think people mentioned earlier, but horror games can have a really trippy feel.. The games by Frictional Games are really good at this (Penumbra Black Plague, SOMA, Amnesia).. LSD's a good one too

Cael

Arcane
That looks a lot like a Morrowind remaster, actually :D There are some pretty nifty scenery in Morrowind.

doolydeath1

This is gonna be a trip when it's out.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom