Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

12 minutes of DX:HR

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks pretty okay, although not like Deus Ex. Perhaps if I'll try to forget it's title, I might enjoy this game.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I just noticed that there's no shrinking recticle for the crosshairs. I wonder what they do for your skills affecting aiming.

Phelot

Arcane
I wish new games would make NPCs that react to the PC standing around staring at them and listening to their intimate conversations. Like the first guy, wouldn't you be freaked out if you were on the phone and some man was staring at you from 3 feet away?

I guess games have always had this, but it's more noticeable the more these games try to be life like.

ChristofferC

Magister
Yeah, paradoxically, the more lifelike you try to make a game, the more obvious it becomes that it's just a game.

Destroid

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
I just noticed that there's no shrinking recticle for the crosshairs. I wonder what they do for your skills affecting aiming.

They prevent recoil and accuracy loss from movment (this is cybernetics, there are no skills).

MetalCraze

Arcane
Konjad said:
Looks pretty okay, although not like Deus Ex. Perhaps if I'll try to forget it's title, I might enjoy this game.

It's like the name is the only thing that makes the game boring and barely playable.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
skyway
hey skyway

look here

How does it feel seeing a "professional" "RPG" "dev" praise Deus Ex's popamole? No longer circling, we're fully down the drain here.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Roguey said:
skyway
hey skyway

look here

How does it feel seeing a "professional" "RPG" "dev" praise Deus Ex's popamole? No longer circling, we're fully down the drain here.
but skyway didn't like New Vegas IIRC
and whoa, I read that thread and it's suddenly like devs are human beings, what the hell

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
M4BE1R0 said:
I know, I'm just trying to get some laughs, incite some riots internet rage.
and whoa, I read that thread and it's suddenly like devs are human beings, what the hell
Yeah, that kind of thing used to happen here too and then something scared them all away... I'm sure it was all for the best.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Sawyer raped Fallout and Obsidian's devs believe that stealth is when you crouch. Are you really surprised he will support crap like boxes making you completely invinsible and undetectable?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
kingcomrade said:
hey gius remember Metal Gear Solid and its radar system? That was pretty unrealistic guys
What are you implying

mister_matt

Educated
So... Either you blast everything in sight, or you sneak around for a couple minutes and then blast everything in sight? I guess I'd have to play it to really have an opinion, but it looks okay.

TripJack

Hedonist
this game is complete shit fuck you warren spector

on the other hand i just finished deus ex for the first time and that game is great thank you warren spector

baronjohn

Cipher
mister_matt said:
So... Either you blast everything in sight, or you sneak around for a couple minutes and then blast everything in sight? I guess I'd have to play it to really have an opinion, but it looks okay.
It's exactly like the first DX.

Destroid

Arcane
There are plenty of guys I completely avoided in the leak of this. The combat is so punishing on hard that it's a very good plan. The inventory is probably about as limited as it was in DX unless you upgrade it, so you can't cart around guns appropriate for all situations. Ammunition is a problem for some weapons too.

Black

Arcane
On the other hand, avoiding enemies whatsoever is less "profitable" than simply knocking them unconscious. You still get the ghost exp bonus, exp for taking them down and ph4t l3wt [/powergamer]

Destroid

Arcane
Yes, they should give you an XP reward at the end of the level rather than for doing stuff during the level, or at least make the mission completion XP a much larger proportion of the XP you earn. It's a bit shitty to be punished for efficiency.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
looks like more of the same stuff that was in the leak. good.

4m3rica

Educated
Roguey said:
M4BE1R0 said:
I know, I'm just trying to get some laughs, incite some riots internet rage.
Yeah, that kind of thing used to happen here too and then something scared them all away... I'm sure it was all for the best.

So DS3 was their top secret shit-rpg?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom