Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lionheart concept art posted at official site

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

For those interested in checking out some <A href="http://www.blackisle.com/mar2003art.html">concept art</a> for <A href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>, it's up and posted, ready for viewing!
<br>
<br>
(Shortest news post evar)
<br>

Jed

Cipher
Man, I'd trade my entire three-CD set of NWN disks to see the concept art behind the Big Blue Boots of Doom Golem. Got to know what kind of thought process went into that one...

J

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Say what you will about Black Isle, they do have some good artists working in the concept art department, really liked that Bat-squito.

Jed

Cipher
HanoverF said:
Say what you will about Black Isle, they do have some good artists working in the concept art department, really liked that Bat-squito.
Can't really disagree there--Justin Sweet & Lance Kovacs 0wnz0rs my 3y3s!!!11 Just about the only reason I even tried to play the IWDs...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It doesn't look like Lionheart art to me at all, considering that Lionheart's art is done by Reflexive's own 2d painters and artists and has a completely different style to it. If anything, I'd be willing to bet that this is the concept art for Jefferson. If so, boy, does it look like a cool setting! East-Asian picture projectors, organic buildings, cool looking props (the wild boar barrel), etc.

Sabotai

Liturgist
HanoverF said:

I have to agree with you here. Those interiors and exteriors are looking damn fine. It doesn't look at all like the Lionheart setting.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
RPGVault gives the link as concept art for Jefferson and it certainly looks DnD.

Moriveth

Novice
Hmm, nice concept art indeed. It certainly doesn't resemble Lionheart, so I'll assume it's Jefferson at least.

I guess Jefferrson *is* a D&D, or at least fantasy RPG, then.

I don't have my Monster Manual handy, but does the second monster pic remind anyone else of a stirge?

And from the outdoor shots, if this is set in the FR, which I believe it is... it makes me think of elven lands.

Dunno wtf this is exactly, but at least it looks nice.

Moriveth

Novice
Constipated Craprunner said:
ARe we so sure it's Jefferson?
Look at that third portrait, and that one labbish looking building.

Hmm, maybe they're mixing Jefferson art w/ Lionheart art just to confuse us?

In other words, who knows?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
On related news, JE had this link in his signature. Probably the first screenshot of Jefferson and surprise, surprise, it looks like a D&D game.

As a bonus, we also get so see what icons Josh has on his desktop, his WinAmp play-list, and the contents of his e-mail inbox. 8)

Spazmo

Erudite
Damn, that there is a fine-looking engine. See, that's how FO3 should be: 3D graphics, but a fixed isometric view and no camera fiddling.

Jed

Cipher
Azael said:
On related news, JE had this link in his signature. Probably the first screenshot of Jefferson and surprise, surprise, it looks like a D&D game. As a bonus, we also get so see what icons Josh has on his desktop, his WinAmp play-list, and the contents of his e-mail inbox. 8)
Can there be any doubt whether it's D&D or not? Icon for the FR atlas, all those e-mails to and from Sean Reynolds...unlike most here, I don't mind D&D or even the Forgotten Realms. If this game has even a half-assed turn-based option, I could convinced to buy it, yet I doubt it will even have that...

Araanor

Liturgist
I don't think there's a wide-spread grudge against D&D here, the negativity is mostly directed at the computer games...

Jefferson is looking good.

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, I have high hopes for Jefferson. I do hope it's turn-based. Go JE!

Edit: According to the Jefferson FAQ, JE wants to but both turn-based and real-time with pause in, but if it comes to a choice, it'll be real-time, because he has to. He wants to do TB, but he's pretty much alone. The good news is that the engine can do turn-based, so it's usable for FO3.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
However, logic suggests that they'll always do real time with pause from now on, just because that's the combat system in the games that have sold more. Never mind the fact that those games probably sold more because of the D&D license than the combat system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom