Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Haven is an upcoming turn-based tactical cyberpunk mercenary RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Foresight Games; Project Haven

Last week the store page for an upcoming turn-based tactical RPG called Project Haven showed up on Steam. It's cyberpunk-themed (although the store page doesn't mention that word) with an Asian aesthetic, placing the player in command of a mercenary outfit operating in dystopian Haven City. The game is being developed by a Portuguese indie studio called Foresight Games and was actually on Steam Greenlight way back in 2015. Now they've formally announced it with a new trailer, which I'll post here along with the game's description:

You command the Steel Dragons, a mercenary outfit fighting for survival in the harsh, urban near-future that is Haven City. Select and control squads of mercs as they battle gangsters, rival mercs and corrupt government forces in a bid to make ends meet, and make a difference where you can. Manage your crew’s stats and gear, wrangle a diverse range of merc personalities, and conquer the deep tactical elements that make Project Haven a standalone turn-based combat experience.

KEY FEATURES
  • MANUAL OVERRIDE ON AIMING: Our unique free-aiming system allows you to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With our modular damage feature, you can wing your enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement, or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.
  • FLEXIBLE TACTICAL COMBAT: Hunker down or lean into cover. Use stealth to avoid detection. Throw grenades or heal your mercs. Hack locks or demolish walls to get to your enemies. And all the while your mercs have free movement, navigating without restrictive square or hex grids.
  • MATURE STORYTELLING: Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
  • RPG CHARACTER BUILDING: Improve your mercs’ attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
  • ADVANCED WEAPON MECHANICS: Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage the target.
  • MANY HOURS OF GAMEPLAY: Several unique maps with diverse enemies and multiple ways to achieve your objectives, making for substantial replayability.
  • CO-OP AND SKIRMISH MODE: Play with up to 3 friends in a turn-based online co-op campaign mode, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, either alone or in a co-op game.

Not very many details for a game that's been in development since 2015, but I guess we'll see how it shapes up.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Such innovation! One can see the fear in the enemy's eyes even in TB.

And such courage, showing some skin in current year!

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Seems cool. Does this have anything to do with a certain Starcraft 2 Arcade map of the same name?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Art direction in that trailer is horrible:

No build up, just separate scenes.
Horrendous clichéd music that does not reflect what happens on the screen much at all.
Character models look like they're made in Poser, year 1999

That being said, I guess it could be decent. But seriously, this is not how you create interest in a game.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
MANUAL OVERRIDE ON AIMING: Our unique free-aiming system allows you to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With our modular damage feature, you can wing your enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement, or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.

This sound fucking retarded tbh.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MANUAL OVERRIDE ON AIMING: Our unique free-aiming system allows you to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With our modular damage feature, you can wing your enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement, or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.

play valkyra chronicles, it's really fun and the modular damage will add to it because valkyra chronicles only count headshot as 100% crit.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well Phoenix Point already has this so it is not unique.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

There's a certain series of post apocalyptic games were you can aim at different parts of the body too to get different effects. I don't quite remember the name, though.

Thonius

Arcane
Looks generic, where's destructible environments?... SS2 managed it like 10 years or more ago and those indie fucks cant do it?
G E N E R I C
It's like dev's don't even try anymore... why not make things fun and make it like Brigada E5 with time management and not turns? Why not simultaneous turns?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There's a certain series of post apocalyptic games were you can aim at different parts of the body too to get different effects. I don't quite remember the name, though.
Vigilantes?

PrettyDeadman

Vigilantes?
Evil Islands (aka Rage Of Mages 3).

ArchAngel

Arcane

I am certain is it some Fallout like game :D
But we are talking about free aim here, not being able to select body parts aim.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
The trailer is shit due to choices concerning music and visuals, but the mechanics and gameplay could be interesting. I hope they do more a Shadowrun Dragonshit kind of game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom