Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2019 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tags: GOTY 2019

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2019 GOTY poll is now open: VOTE HERE

2019 was a slow year compared to 2018, but that's another good reason to make a poll and find out what are the highlights and the hidden gems.

As usual, the games are divided into three categories: GOTY, Best DLC/Expansion and Best Port/Remake. The poll is long, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.

Thank you, and have a great 2020!

jac8awol

Arbiter
Well that was disappointing. I lurk on this site almost every day and when it finally came time to vote for the best games of the year.... I had played exactly one of the games on the list. Is it me or was it just 2019??

KK1001

Arbiter
Disco 1 and Slay the Spire a very close second. Disco is the first game in a long while to imitate and in some instances supercede PS:T. Slay the Spire is fast, fun, and punishing but good at making use of its "grind" which is really just the game itself, unlike Darkest Dungeon or Battle Brothers which grow more and more unfun the longer you play.

As for 2019: mostly calm before the storm, but I'm overall fairly positive about the direction of games. The 2010s started like absolute shit and really recovered in the back-half. When is the decade poll coming?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This has to be the most boring year for a GOTY vote. We all know that Disco Communism wins.
I mean, did we even have a year where fight for GOTY was moderately competitive since the civil war between Underrail and AoD?

I'm personally looking forward to the 2nd & 3rd position, they will expose how many grognards secretly enjoyed The Outer Worlds :smug:

prengle

Savant
why isn't pathologic 2 in the polls

i second this - why isn't pathologic 2 on the list?
pathologic is absolutely fucking sublime but in no way is it an rpg in the traditional sense (inb4 "but what IS an rpg???")

therefore zaum/kurvitz wins the Герой Социалистического Труда award by default i guess? not like there was really any competition this year

Viata

Arcane

pathologic is absolutely fucking sublime but in no way is it an rpg in the traditional sense (inb4 "but what IS an rpg???")
nED9CSX.png

Fuck off, mate. This game is more rpg than Disco Elysium.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Have we ever considered Pathologic 2 an RPG? Pathologic 1 was never voted into our "101 RPG" list, it was not on fantadomat's GOTY list and you were all crying about how "the year only had Disco Elysium and Outer Worlds"...

This is clearly more butthurt about Disco than defense of Pathologic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom