Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News After scouts Early Access on Steam

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: After; Hyperdrive Game Studios

Hyperdrive Gaming Studios had put their first game, After, out on Early Access. Take jobs in this open world, end of the world driving, shooting, and beating people up CRPG. Did I mention beating people up? There's a lot of that in the trailer. So, if you're looking for a post apocalyptic fix, there you go. Here's more info:

• Explore An Unique World!
    Make your own choices in a large detailed open world, discover factions fighting to control the wasteland and the small number of supplies left.
  • Be Who You Wanna Be!
    Build your character as you like with attributes and skills, collect boy scout badges to grant special perks, and build the best you.
  • Enjoy The Beauty!
    Next-generation graphics bring this world to life and allow for a hyper-detailed and realistic environment. Dynamic day and night systems affect lighting in the world in real-time

As much as I love indie games, I do kind of wish that they'd refrain from adding terrain features until the game can handle what happens when something interacts with those features. Yes, Early Access, but it's still kind of odd to see. That said, the graphics and such do look pretty good for a first outing.

Curratum

Why is this happening? There are a lot of much better games being released on Steam, that are ALSO not RPGs, like most of those posts, but none of those are mentioned, we just get posts about not just non-RPGs (which I generally don't mind) but about horrible early access indie garbage on top of that.

PrettyDeadman

Why is this happening? There are a lot of much better games being released on Steam, that are ALSO not RPGs, like most of those posts, but none of those are mentioned, we just get posts about not just non-RPGs (which I generally don't mind) but about horrible early access indie garbage on top of that.
what are good nonrpg games being released on steam?

Curratum

If you can be bothered to scroll back and give me the date when Proverbius started making those posts here, I'll also go back over the Steam games released since then and will pick at least 5 better ones.

PrettyDeadman

If you can be bothered to scroll back and give me the date when Proverbius started making those posts here, I'll also go back over the Steam games released since then and will pick at least 5 better ones.
13th of April.
You have to give saint_proverbius a break though. He is just some 50yo+ boomer living on a farm in USA.

Curratum

I don't mean to turn this into random insults and a personal attack on the guy, I'm just genuinely confused what the principle behind picking out those games is.

But as promised, here's 5 better mostly non-RPG games that have come out on Steam since April 13.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203630/Record_of_Lodoss_WarDeedlit_in_Wonder_Labyrinth/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1455840/Dorfromantik/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1388590/Yakuza_6_The_Song_of_Life/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1426210/It_Takes_Two/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/829280/Kaze_and_the_Wild_Masks/

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Ah yes, you know when the trailer runs at 15 FPS that the game is going to be great.

Also, preorders for an Early Access game?

Wow.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Lol, just leaving this here if anyone is actually interested.

Even better is his review on Steam:

Okay this game is a joke right?

I mean it has to be....it...it just has to be..

There's no way someone could charge me 20 dollars for a game like this with it being completely empty, broken and pointless. right?

There is nothing here. Barely even a game here to be honest. ANd yet they are still charging you 20 dollars.

Let's make it really simple.
-Any tutorial? no
-ANy plot? no
-Useable U.I.? No
-Stable gameplay? no
-Do you have inventory? no
-Is it broken? yes
-Is it finished? no

Yes I know it's an early alpha game. And if it wasn't charging 20 dollars then I wouldn't care. But if you're gonna charge me 20 dollars for this broken buggy empty game then I'm going to call you out on it. Follow the game if the idea interests you but don't spend money on it. You'd be spending money on an idea, not an actual game. An idea that might never even come into fruition.

If you want a more in depth look with more information and footage of ACTUAL gameplay, check out my youtube video. (Link below)

Thanks for reading and I hope I helped some of you spend your money wisely.

It's the ONLY review of the game, too. He's right though, especially considering the feature list which apparently the game as it is now mostly lacks. If you want to put out something like this with a feature list like that, you might want to let people know those things are in progress and not currently in what you're paying for. That said, he's also right about it being a great idea for a game. Releasing it now even in Early Access in the state it's in for $20 is shooting yourself in the foot.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Because quality control is a foreign concept to Saint_Proverbius.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
If the PVE tag is on there, they just recently added it. It wasn't there when I posted about it. It wouldn't shock me, a lot of the other things that are tagged aren't in the game yet either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom