Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Artefacts Studio; Dear Villagers; The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon; The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos

As promised, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon, third and final DLC for the parodic tactical RPG from French developer Artefacts Studio, was released today. Thus concludes the saga of the unlikely Codex favorite whose development began way back in 2015. The game's first two DLCs seem to have been too small to make much of an impression. Hopefully with this one it's going out on a high note. Here's one last obligatory silly trailer:

The adventure continues in The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk with this new DLC!

Once again, your favourite party of unlikely heroes are in a bit of a pickle: arrested by the Dungeon's Fund, they have to accomplish a dangerous mission to earn back their freedom. Join them in their new adventure across time and discover the secret behind the construction of the wackiest of dungeons, the dreaded Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. Prepare to fight the nefariousand drowzycult of Dlul, the God of Sleep, to prevent the world from being stuck in an Eternal Nap. Even worse: if you don't succeed, you could lose all your XP and your loot!

Features:
  • Play through 4 brand new story chapters (half as much as the original game!)
  • Discover new legendary items and skills!
  • Help your characters become stronger, up to lv16
  • Perfect your tactics with new gameplay mechanics
  • Lots and lots of chickens!

Back to the Futon is available on Steam and GOG for $15, a higher price point as befits a larger DLC. As I mentioned previously, Artefacts Studio's next game will be Crown Wars: The Black Prince, a medieval turn-based strategy game with a very different vibe than Naheulbeuk.

Antigoon

Augur
Its certainly more substantial than their first 2 DLCs, a proper extension with lots of new cool stuff. Not sure if its equal/better than the OC yet.

ozymandiusz

Novice
I don't know, it looks like shit to me. Graphic and gameplays look kinda childlish. If I wanted to play some child game I would have gone to kindergarten for retarded kids so I could win. This is how I feel when I watch this trailer.

Darkforge

Augur
This was my feeling as well, but it's actually not a bad game, humor is hit and miss and usually miss but it's nicely presented and the gameplay is better than you would expect.

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
I don't know, it looks like shit to me. Graphic and gameplays look kinda childlish. If I wanted to play some child game I would have gone to kindergarten for retarded kids so I could win. This is how I feel when I watch this trailer.
It's milquetoast tumblr art. It's not that they're making these games childish on purpose, it's that they don't know how to design things the other way. CalArts in video game form.

I suspect some misled boomer exec thinks they can capture the fortnite audience with that artstyle.

Antigoon

Augur
You suspect wrong, they just stayed true to the source material.

But don't worry, their new game will be grimdark.

ss_0159a646e14f742a502f4f1831c80f306330dc93.1920x1080.jpg

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Naysayers are wrong; it's a great game, AND it looks good for what it's trying to do. It's all about tactical turn-based combat, and it does it exceedingly well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom