Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Codex reviews Oblivion again. It's THAT good.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Section8, the guy who unsuccessfully tried to convince everyone that <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=21>Baldur's Gate wasn't turn-based</a>, has picked another target for his vitriolic attacks - <a href=http://www.elderscrolls.com/>Oblivion</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>However, that was probably the highest point of Oblivion. Knowing that there is so much out there, and the sense of wonder that accompanies that, are great feelings. It's this point where you gladly cancel your social commitments, phone in sick, tell your loved ones you'll see them in a month or so, and embark on this promising new paraphilic relationship. But, as time goes on, you begin to realise that your affection is ruled by imagined possibilities, and each of the game's many facets turn out to be fairly unfulfilling. Kind of like trying to eat a meal with a Swiss army knife. You think it's going to be crazy useful having 27 different tools handy, but in reality, the only thing worth doing is threatening to cut someone unless they bring you a fucking knife and fork.</blockquote><a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=142>Click here to read more</a>.
<br>
<br>

Durwyn

Prophet
This is getting boring... i have enough of oblivion reviews/previews/interviews. Everything has been said about oblivions quality. Offcourse i respect Section8 opinion but for gods sake! There's nothing more to add to this matter. Every next oblivion review/preview pumps up Bethesda Hype Metter, even though article author kicks oblivon butt.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
The excerpt alone summarizes my experience with Morrowind, and explains my lack of desire to play Oblivion. The Swiss Army knife analogy is prosaic brilliance.

Will the ESF moderators delete the thread?

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Ion Flux said:
The excerpt alone summarizes my experience with Morrowind, and explains my lack of desire to play Oblivion. The Swiss Army knife analogy is prosaic brilliance.

Will the ESF moderators delete the thread?
My guess is no, as it wasn't meant to incite flames and Summer has posted quite conversationally at least three times.

You can see for yourself Here

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Codex disagrees. As evidenced by all the spam about it.

Julio

Scholar
I read on "CPU" magazine that, according to the guy who designed the Dark Brotherhood quests (I forget his name), Bethesda started working on Shivering Isles immediately after finishing Oblivion.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Ion Flux said:
Wow. Pretty fair treatment by the mods there. Not quite the Orwellian mind control I was expecting.

Originally I was suspended for four days before summer corrected her mistake. :|

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Sovy Kurosei said:
Ion Flux said:
Wow. Pretty fair treatment by the mods there. Not quite the Orwellian mind control I was expecting.

Originally I was suspended for four days before summer corrected her mistake. :|

Still, I was expecting a straight-up, unapologetic banhammer to the groin.

I don't spend much time on TESF because their stupidity is below my entertainment threshold.

One Wolf

Scholar
Ion Flux said:

this is pretty uncommon in my experience, i've seen threads closed with much less critical arguments. some are even closed because the mod "thought people might started a flamewar". pre-emptive strike.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
And don´t forget the 1984 newspeak they enforce.

Example:

RPGCodex is translated to "I love Oblivion".

I hate when people fuck with my words and signatures, and make threads banish into thin air.

Sarvis

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Section8, the guy who unsuccessfully tried to convince everyone that <a>Baldur's Gate wasn't turn-based</a>

Err... since when is Realtime with Pause considered turn based?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I hate when people fuck with my words and signatures, and make threads banish into thin air."

Uou must hate the Codex. R00fles!

Sarvis

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Since computers work in cycles dummy

Ah, so then you can only have real time games on multi-core computers?

Wait, what if you play BG on a dual core system?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom