Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview First look at Sacred 2 at DEN

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred 2

<a href=http://www.dignews.com>Digital Entertainment News</a> has posted a "<a href=http://www.dignews.com/preview.php?story_id=21449>first look</a>" article, presenting <a href=http://www.sacred2.com/>Sacred 2</a> to their readers.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Each of the different classes have a large skill tree to go through, which is normal for this type of game. What is going to make this game different however will be the combination system where players can combine different skills and attacks into one button press. The longer the combo, the longer the recharge time, as one might expect. The goal is for everybody to go through the game, build up a character, go through a second time to get the full story, and have a unique character at the end of the process.
<br>
<br>
Aside from the varying skill trees, each character type will have their own type of mount that can be used. Mounts are not going to be primarily used for transportation (though there will be some of that) instead the use will be mostly for combat. The idea will be that players can get on their mount and wade through a large wave of enemies. Don’t only look for just horses, I was shown a couple of creatures, including a rather large tiger-like creature.</blockquote>I'm looking forward to this game. Sacred was one of the most interesting/original Diablo-like games, so I'm curious to see how they developed the concept.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It was fun for the first two hours riding the horsies... then it got boring as shit.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Yeah, I agree. Sacred was boring as hell. I don't know how someone could finish the game once and want to play it again. Same shit, different character animations...err skills.

I am pretty certain the 3D will just fuck up the game and make the camera control annoying a la NWN1, NWN2, Dungeon Sieges, Spell Forces, UFO Afterlight... They should learn from WarCraft 3 and Fate. Just because it's 3D doesn't mean you need to have 360 degree camera control with zoom. Having to do the camera work and try to play a game, takes me out of it faster than a fat Indian lady with a 5 o' clock shadow.

My girlfriend let me take pictures of her while she was in her underwear. Is she a slut? And does anyone want to see the pics? She isn't that hot, but she has a great personality.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The lack of random areas hurt the game for me. Especially since it didn't have the kind of living setting and lore of Divine Divinity, it was pretty hard to justify playing the game.

Joe Krow

Erudite
The original was one of the better games of this type. Plus they were nice enough to produce a free expansion (Sacred Plus).

The classes form the original were Dark Elf, Saraphim, Wood Elf, Battle Mage, Barbarian, and one other. The Underworld expansion added Dwarves.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
to quote Lex Luthor: WRONG!

It was gladiator not barbarian. and the expansion added the Dwarf and the Succubus thing. Also the Vampiress creature was also available in the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom