Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking's Complete Original English Script for The Witcher (subtitles AND journa!)

1eyedking

Erudite
All future updates will be found here.
Go there for instructions/download as well.

Help the community by reporting bugs & inconsistencies here (or here in the Codex if you're a lazy bastard).

Thanks and enjoy!*

*: unless you're one of those lazy bastards.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
excellent work. have you posted about this on the official Witcher forum?

denizsi

Arcane
What I'd like to know is, what happens with the scripted scenes when a longer dialogue takes place where it should be shorter, with the scenes scripted to be shorter.

Zyrxil

Scholar
The dialogues are just subtitles, why would anything happen?

Marsal

Arcane
I guess you would just get more text in each "exchange". In rare cases you would miss on some lines.

@1eyedking: Good work! Play The Witcher and leave TQ to "the kiddies" ;)

1eyedking

Erudite
Marsal said:
@1eyedking: Good work! Play The Witcher and leave TQ to "the kiddies" ;)
Thanks. Believe me, I'm trying, but the loading times are insufferable. I'll wait for patch 1.2.

Worm

Liturgist
Does this result in the cut English voice overs being spoke while the proper lines appear at the bottom? Is there a way to enable these with the polish voices so the bad lines are not as jarring?

Mayday

Augur
You'd also need Polish animations and stuff (thay are semi-synched with the speech)... all in all, it would be more worthwile to play the Polish version with added english text.

1eyedking

Erudite
Worm said:
Does this result in the cut English voice overs being spoke while the proper lines appear at the bottom? Is there a way to enable these with the polish voices so the bad lines are not as jarring?
Here's a guide to getting polish voices. The problem lies in getting them.

PS: Michal, do you know a way of making dialogues last longer? Maybe a way of adding a delay before the next dialogue line kicks in so that players have a chance of reading a long string of text? If you don't, do you know someone who would?

Worm

Liturgist
Mayday said:
You'd also need Polish animations and stuff (thay are semi-synched with the speech)... all in all, it would be more worthwile to play the Polish version with added english text.
I think lips that don't sync will be all in all less jarring than having to hear the awful dialog while reading the less awful sub title.

Mayday

Augur
It's not about lipsync. The problem is that you'll be seeing a person "talking" while the previous one didn't even finish talking yet.

1eyed: No idea, really. :/ We might ask on the Witcher forums, I guess.

Worm

Liturgist
So it's the time allotted for the dialog? Essentially how is changing the subtitls from this english to that english different from chaning them from english to polish? Could I simply use the polish version and make the same registry changes?

EDIT: nevermind they provide information on how to avoid what you're describing in the linked thread.

EDIT EDIT: Or say it really doesn't happen "The voices during dialogue last their polish-intended amount "

Sae

Novice
Has anyone figured out how to put the Polish animations/cutscenes into the English version? I'm not too excited about hearing the voiced dialog trailing off after the speaking animations have finished.

1eyedking

Erudite
In the english version, the dialogues don't trail off that much. Actually it's just a bit. But, if you're really anal about it, however, follow these steps:

1. Buy the Polish version of the Witcher (or borrow it from your nearest polish friend).

2. Download and extract my fix as per usual.

3. Inside your Witcher's Data folder, rename your 'voices_5_00.bif' file to 'voices_3_00.bif'.

4.Run either English (original).key or FinalEnglish (optimized).key. You should have polish voices and english subtitles with cutscenes that don't have voices trailing off.

Bonus. If you want the shortened dialogues, make a copy of the 'lang_1.key' and 'dialog_1.tlk' files in the Data folder and rename them to 'lang_3.key' and 'dialog_3.tlk', respectively. Run FinalEnglish_Short (default).key and you're set.

Happy anal relief!

Worm

Liturgist
It's really just that running the original English dub with different English subs is ugly, confusing, and a way in which I wouldn't want to run the game. It's nothing about being anal. Hell, I wouldn't mind having KOTOR alien filler voices going the whole time.

It's cross talk, having one English thing being spoke and another English thing to read. You're not running the game that way, so where do you get off acting like someone else is being a dick for not wanting to run the game that way? I guess us proles who don't know anyone polish or have an account at play-poland.pl could just mute the voice work and be happy with that?

The polish voices seem to be hosted on one of those bays that hosts such dastardly acts of piracy. It also seems to have been posted by a polish fellow, so the title is in polish. Hopefully you can avoid that file now.

Acleacius

Novice
1eyedking, thanks for you work on this. :)

Any ideas/theories on how this will work with the just released version 1.2 patch, refering to the dialog adjustments noted in the patch notes?

Thanks. :)

Acleacius

Novice
Didn't see it mentioned here but found a small, exception some descriptions on the map are still in polish. As an example when in the Temple District Sewer for the first time, if you look on the map, the exit to Temple District is in Polish. There maybe more but I was too tired at that point to check.

1eyedking

Erudite
All future updates will be found here.
Go there for instructions/download as well.

Help the community by reporting bugs & inconsistencies here (or here in the Codex if you're a lazy bastard).

Thanks and enjoy!*

*: unless you're one of those lazy bastards.

Nightjed

Liturgist
is there a mirror or something ? filefront refuses to let me download

edit : nm filefront works now, still you should post a mirror

Huntn

Novice
Hi there!

My question- I have the U.S. version of the witcher that I just received. I just downloaded the Witcher Uncut mod and I've downloaded your The Witcher Unlocked Script.

Are these two items compatible with each other? And are they compatible with the official 1.2 patch for the Witcher?

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom