Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Lionheart shotgun interview number.. I've lost count.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

<a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/433/433222p1.html">Shotgun interview</a> with the chaps of <a href="http://www.reflexive.net">Reflexive</a> about <A href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>. Here's the deal, and an answer:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Jonric: What lessons have you learned from and while developing Lionheart that will help you to make even better games in the future?
<br>
<br>
Lars Brubaker
<br>
Producer and CEO, Reflexive Entertainment</b>
<br>
Every game that we have ever done has been its own unique learning experience, and Lionheart definitely had its own set of lessons. The best thing that I learned was just how big an RPG is. Feargus Urquhart has often said to me, "every developer should make at least one RPG." And at this point, I would have to agree.
<br>
<br>
The thing about andRPG is that it NEVER ends. You can work on it forever. The story, the depth, the backstory, the foreshadowing, the quests, all of them can grow without bounds, and the real challenge, the thing that we had to really LEARN, was how to stop. Creating an RPG is a tremendously rewarding and exciting experience, and I highly recommend it to any developer that gets the chance.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I missed seeing, <i>Never accept a contract payment from an IPLY VISA card.</i> on that list of answers.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href="Http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>

protobob

Liturgist
I'm playing this game. It's not too bad. Better than I thought it would be anyway. But I've only played a few hours so far. Lots of dialogue. Found a few areas with pretty thick combat as well.

I'm playing an unarmed demonkin with some thought magic (fire and protective right now). Pretty much a killing machine (one of the demonkin traits gives some good bonuses to hth). I sure do miss the turn based hth magic of Fallout2 though. I have fond memories of blinding enclave soldiers with super powerfist punches to the eyes...and the classic kick-to-the-groin. No kicking in lionheart that I can see. Do score some knockdowns, though, which is cool.

EEVIAC

Erudite
That sounds scarily like the precis for a film starring Haley Joel Osmont and Kevin Spacey - a film of love, of hope, where the real challenge, the thing they had to really LEARN, was how to stop...

Jed

Cipher
protobob said:
I'm playing an unarmed demonkin with some thought magic (fire and protective right now). Pretty much a killing machine (one of the demonkin traits gives some good bonuses to hth). I sure do miss the turn based hth magic of Fallout2 though. I have fond memories of blinding enclave soldiers with super powerfist punches to the eyes...and the classic kick-to-the-groin. No kicking in lionheart that I can see. Do score some knockdowns, though, which is cool.
I've been trying to make a lot of different characters in the demo, but obviously the demo isn't the best place to test out less combat-focused characters. However, I think I want to make a demokin diplomat tagging stealth, diplomacy (or evasion or tribal magic: domination), and either unarmed or one-handed melee. How does unarmed stack up against melee? I worry about the ph4t l3wt factor seriously unbalancing melee (magical weapons) against unarmed.

Psilon

Erudite
Though Slayer does work for melee, you do need 80% unarmed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom