Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Mask of the Betrayer contest

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment

Since <a href=http://www.atari.com/nwn2/motb/US/index.html>Mask of the Betrayer</a> has so many different options and outcomes, we'd like to spread the word about it and a contest with prizes directly from the developers is a good way to do it.
<br>
<br>
Want to win signed copies of NWN2, MotB, and KOTOR2 from Obsidian? Various memorabilia? A hot date with grandpa Feargus? <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=161>Click here to see the fine print and details!</a>

MountainWest

Scholar
Exactly how did this contest come to be?

Either way, I feel compelled to help even though I'm hard pressed for time - MotB deserves it... and perhaps needs it after the praise-bashing it recieved in the mainstream media.

It's funny in a way: one thought professional cocksuckers would be able to handle the balls Obsidian showed by making MotB, but instead they all got soar throats.

Vault Dweller

Developer
MountainWest said:
Exactly how did this contest come to be?
I thought it would be a good idea, ran it by Chris, being a true patriot he agreed.

Either way, I feel compelled to help even though I'm hard pressed for time - MotB deserves it... and perhaps needs it after the praise-bashing it recieved in the mainstream media.
Thank you, citizen!

MetalCraze

Arcane
damn it I need to fix my videocard for this!
wait... why would I need the second copy of the game I already have?
even a signed second copy...

Vault Dweller

Developer
Then do it for the lulz. If you win, I can ask Chris to throw in something special for you. Something that's better than a signed copy of the game you already have.

I had hoped this would be a "cheap" way of obtaining Neverwinter Nights 2 so I could actually play Mask of the Betrayer.....turns out I actually need it to win the contest....damn.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Then do it for the lulz. If you win, I can ask Chris to throw in something special for you. Something that's better than a signed copy of the game you already have.

that's a quite interesting argument.

spacemoose

Erudite
I'll do it for a pete hines bobblehead

seriously though, I really want to do this, but have no machine for it

Zomg

Arbiter
Shit, I have a good one in mind but no saves near it.

Gwendo

Augur
A little bit off topic, but do we need NWN2 to play MotB?

Edit: Too bad. :(

Calis

Pensionado
Is it my net connection or are other people having troubles with the screenshots as well? They're right there, sitting on the server, but they won't load in my browser. Same thing seems to be true for other screenshot pages though.

Vault Dweller

Developer
The screens load fine on my home and work PCs, but the last set that you added looks fucked. The full shots are ok, but the thumbs color looked distorted.

pug987

Scholar
And there was much joy to be had, for the ring is easily the best piece
of equipement I have found in all of MotB. I'm serial. It has permanent haste,
for Kelemvor's sake.

That ring sure is nice but I would hardly call it the best piece of equipment in MotB. Permanent haste is a bit overated since Safiya has haste and she can cast it as a permanent spell (it lasts 24 hours). Of course it's much more usuefull if you don't have Safiya in your group. There is another permanent haste ring that is given to you by the head witch at the city just before you leave for the Red Wizards Academy. I think she gives it to you only if you have healed the Wood Man.

As for the battle with the badger, the easiest way I've found to beat him is cast Bigby's Grasping Hand on him (the 9lvl spell). That pins him in one place and you can easily beat him using spells from afar. That tactic works with Okku as well.

Calis

Pensionado
Vault Dweller said:
The screens load fine on my home and work PCs, but the last set that you added looks fucked. The full shots are ok, but the thumbs color looked distorted.
I feel like such a noob, they still aren't showing for me. I'll redo them in a minute.

Edit: Home connection to Codex still borked, the first 10 or so seem good now on my own PC but a few are still screwy. Will keep messing with it.
Edit2: ok, better now. The good thing about using my ancient scripts is that it forces me to fix some of the shortcomings in there, heh.

Calis

Pensionado
Alright, this contest is now closed. I'll get in touch with Obsidian, winners will be announced shortly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom