Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info More Witchery goodness on its way?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Witcher, The

Seems that an interesting bit of info slipped under our radar in November. <a href="http://www.roxidy.com/">roXidy Games</a> (formerly DLA mod team, the guys behind the <a href="http://store.bioware.com/products/wyverncrown.html">Wyvern Crown of Cormyr</a> Premium Module for NWN) were <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=4781.0">looking</a> for a...<blockquote>...team member to assist us on a potential project. You need to be interested in making games as part of a large team. Most of all, you need to be fluent in both Polish and English and have a strong familiarity with Sapkowski's novels. If you are familiar as well with the Witcher PnP role playing game - so much the better.</blockquote>A bonus adventure for the registered users of the game? An expansion pack? A "Premium Module"? Who knows. This was, of course, only a "potential" project.
<br>
<br>
And no, there are no grounds to believe that any of our staff members has anything to do with signing an NDA on the project. None whatsoever.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Elwro said:
And no, there are no grounds to believe that any of our staff members has anything to do with signing an NDA on the project. None whatsoever.

Hmm…

dagorkan

Arbiter
I discovered this weeks ago, but I didn't think it would interest anyone.

I never heard of these DLA guys before, they seem pretty competent but also a little Biowhorish (action gamers).

Texas Red

Whiner
Amasius said:
Hm, interesting. And the DLA Forums have now a Witcher section.

I am not happy to see this. Even if its a small expansion-module for TW, anything can go wrong because its a different company developing it. It looks like CDProject is doing a full sequel after all which, considering their frequent statements about the absence of impact on the game by platforms, can only be a bad thing. I may be a pessimist but this all stinks of greed AGAIN.

The usual plan of publishers/developers: create a game everyone loves. Instead of learning from the mistakes and better the game by releasing it on the same engine with slight modification ala BG 2, which is what everyone who enjoyed it really want, take sweet 2-4 years time of selling out.

Im not a marketing genius but cmon, releasing a sequel after a year on the same engine of a successful game sounds less dangearus than going next gen with 90% of fucking it up.

Crolug

Liturgist
I think they will not make anything premium, just some mod of their own. And if I recall correctly DLA stood for DragonLance Adventures, it was persistent world I think. So the guys started like all modders, in-house hobby, and because they were quite good at it, they were spotted by Bioware and hired to do some premium stuff. So my guess is - they wanna play with Djinnie (TW toolset) and MAYBE could cooperate with CDP in the future...

Sirrah

Novice
Crolug said:
I think they will not make anything premium, just some mod of their own. And if I recall correctly DLA stood for DragonLance Adventures, it was persistent world I think. So the guys started like all modders, in-house hobby, and because they were quite good at it, they were spotted by Bioware and hired to do some premium stuff. So my guess is - they wanna play with Djinnie (TW toolset) and MAYBE could cooperate with CDP in the future...

If they just wanted to make a mod, wouldn't they look for people as DLA Mod Team instead of as Roxidy Games Inc?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom