Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Lionheart groin punched at Game Revolution

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

Chaulk up another <A href="http://www.game-revolution.com/games/pc/rpg/lionheart.htm">bad review</a> for <a href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>, this one comes from <A href="http://www.game-revolution.com/">Game Revolution</a> where they give it a big, fat <b>D</b> rating. It's almost too painful to read, but I can't avoid watching the trainwrecks!
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Overall, Lionheart is a big disappointment. Though it uses a decent RPG system, its poor balance, repetitive action and somewhat lame stab at rewriting history leads to a game no one should invest time or money in. Black Isle, we know you can do better than this, so get cracking on a real game.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Remember <i>TORN</i>? I wonder if <a href="Http://www.blackisle.com">Black Isle</a> could really do better than this.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="Http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>, where the game was listed under <i>Lionhead</i>.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Ouch, now that gotta hurt. They got LH's number right.

According to the review, alternative history Reflexive-style "it’s a cheap way out of intelligently interweaving such deep historical references." Right on!

triCritical

Erudite
My lame attempt at defending BIS. I know a lot of people on these boards like Feargie, but lets face it, he was pretty damn mediocre at what he did. From what it seems, he was difficult to work with, he failed at being a manager for in house projects, and his lame ideas always filtered through on the games they made. I mean that is why TORN needed to be high fantasy, otherwise how would it be teh win! Or why non-linear open ended games need things like Frank Horrigan. You can tell a hundred times over how stupid that concoction was and he will defend it to the end. I just think he was bad at what he did.

Not that BIS games will be any better now that he is gone. But I am grateful that they will lack his influence.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I've always disliked feargie, even tho I am interested in what he'll come up with next. Im just pretty much done with BIS until FO3

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
triCritical said:
My lame attempt at defending BIS. I know a lot of people on these boards like Feargie, but lets face it, he was pretty damn mediocre at what he did. From what it seems, he was difficult to work with, he failed at being a manager for in house projects, and his lame ideas always filtered through on the games they made. I mean that is why TORN needed to be high fantasy, otherwise how would it be teh win! Or why non-linear open ended games need things like Frank Horrigan. You can tell a hundred times over how stupid that concoction was and he will defend it to the end. I just think he was bad at what he did.

Not that BIS games will be any better now that he is gone. But I am grateful that they will lack his influence.

Well, Feargus wasn't the one that decided to do TORN. He gave a group the option of doing what they wanted to do, which was stupid in hind sight. They decided that SPECIAL + HIGH FANTASY = KEWL++, so TORN was born. The problem was, they didn't have enough vision to get beyond that SPECIAL + HIGH FANTASY thing, so 2.5 years and no telling how much wasted money later, they had nothing to show for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom