Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

2008: On the Horizon

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Since 2007 marked a definite upswing in the prevailing hivemind opinion on the state of PC CRPG's (apart from The Sequel That Shall Not Be Named, of course), we have a look at what to expect from 2008.

Clickie here to read

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
It always gives me a little thrill to see my stuff mentioned on a site. I'm easy to please like that. Thanks man. :)

Jora

Arcane
Nice summary. :)

(Sawyer took over as the lead creative guy on the Aliens game, however.)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thanks for the info, but I will leave the piece as it is to mark my ignorance :D.

Now, to work on the Eschalon review...

DemonKing

Arcane
Turns out making a game in your own universe is very time consuming. Bioware has been working on Dragon Age for a few years now, and still the information concerning it is sparse. It is known that the game has been playable for a few months, but a 2008 release seems unlikely.

I might have agreed with you before EA took over but do you seriously expect them to let Bio fart around for more than a year on DA (unless they're going to make them consolise it)? It'll be kicked out in time for Xmas, bugs and all...

Aren't EA expecting Bio/Pandemic to release 2-3 products a year each selling a minimum of 2 million units? I don't know what Pandemic are up to but I can't think what Bio are going to release this year if not DA that might sell big - maybe a quickie sequel to Mass Effect kicked out the door using the same engine ala KOTOR2 might do the trick, I guess, but I'm not sure the SONIC RPG or a PC version of Mass Effect are going to meet EA's expectations.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"maybe a quickie sequel to Mass Effect kicked out the door using the same engine"

Ummm... ME2, and ME3 were alreadys cheldued to use the already created engine. Why woudl they make a whole new engine for the sequels? L0L I'd expect ME2 in 2009, sometimes.

Sonic RPG (for the punkish DS) will be out in 2008, and DA might make it as well...

guenthar

Novice
You forgot to mention Hard to be a God which should be out this year. I really liked the demo and think it has the potential to be a really good game with a unique setting and story.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
SHELTER: A Post Apocalyptic Role-Playing Game (made with the FO:T engine)

Planescape: Purgatorio (made using the NWN2 engine)

Fallout 2 & KOTOR 2 restoration projects, respectively

NWN2 premium adventure, Mysteries of something or other

Jagged Alliance 3 (made using Silent Storm engine)

Age of Decadence

The Broken Hourglass (spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, supposedly.)

...I'd say things don't look so bad, all things considered. There are a few more I'm forgetting as well.

roshan

Arcane
The Drakensang link leads to the Rogue Dao page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom