Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Random Gnomes interrogate Vault Dweller

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower; Vault Dweller

<a href=http://gnomeslair.blogspot.com>the random Gnomes' random Lair</a> has published <a href=http://gnomeslair.blogspot.com/2008/02/ten-gnomish-questions-age-of-decadence.html>an interview with Vince D. Weller</a> about the upcoming <a href=http://www.irontowerstudio.com/>Age of Decadence</a>. Here&#8217;s a snippet:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>7. Will there be dialog? Puzzles? Moral Choices? Naked goblins?
<br>
<br>
We've spent all our money on dialogues and choices, so we had to skip puzzles and goblins completely. Even though they look kinda hot naked.
<br>
<br>
Overall, dialogues and choices are the main aspect of the game and the main attraction. We have seven different endings and only two involve mortal combat. You'll be able to talk your way in and out of trouble, make allies and enemies (there are no default good and bad guys), and handle quests in non-combat ways using dialogues and text adventure elements.</blockquote>
<br>
Also, in the official AoD forum, you can find a new update concerning a new location the <a href=http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=210.0>weapons</a> you can use on the fully clothed non-goblins.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41145">No Mutants Allowed</A>

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, they are much more better than the unavailable quests, I'll tell you that much. We have over 100 quests (104 to be specific, but that could change), but your choices will filter it down to about 60 quests per playthrough. I'm glad to report that we have 0 FedEx quests and 0 "kill x monsters/Bring me x items" quests.

I actually think that those FedEx quests can be nice sometimes, if not overdone.
At leats they are quests than are kind of "realistic" ... or can be.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
GrenSexy.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
kingcomrade said:

You know, while I enjoyed that comic quite a lot and am thankful for you pointing it out, I suspect the author has some serious issues. I've never seen so much disturbing cross-species sex. Beholder with goblin, Orc with human, half-Orc with human, halfling with human. Yuck.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Brother None said:
kingcomrade said:

You know, while I enjoyed that comic quite a lot and am thankful for you pointing it out, I suspect the author has some serious issues. I've never seen so much disturbing cross-species sex. Beholder with goblin, Orc with human, half-Orc with human, halfling with human. Yuck.

Speaking of disturbing cross-species sex . . . I started reading China Mieville's Perdido Street Station after seeing the rave reviews over at Iron Tower's forums. I haven't gotten too far (~25 pages), but I was shocked to discover that the author was able to make a foreplay scene between a fat man and a woman with a huge scarab beetle for a head actually seem kind of sexy.

Black

Arcane
Brother None said:
kingcomrade said:

Oh? And wouldn't you like to experience crossing with female drow?
That's what I thought!

Saxon1974

Prophet
My favorite part was they are going to offer a boxed game with a full color manual and a map. I heard this before, but it still turns me on.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Actually I don't understand vd.
First, he says there would be lot of text.
Then, there would be no pop-culture references.
After seeing gameplay movie, we can state there would be no bloom, pixel-shaders etc.
And now, there would be no goblins and even fed-ex.

What a stupid game, how could anyone buy it?

Ander Vinz

Scholar
cardtrick said:
Speaking of disturbing cross-species sex . . . I started reading China Mieville's Perdido Street Station after seeing the rave reviews over at Iron Tower's forums.
I fell for their responses too. Can't stop reading.

Warden

Arbiter
Is that "Vault Dweller" from these boards, the one who disappeared?
Oh, then it's going to be a stupid game. Me no buy it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Warden said:
Is that "Vault Dweller" from these boards, the one who disappeared?
Oh, then it's going to be a stupid game. Me no buy it.

I hope this is irony that I fail to see.
If not, then even Andhaira couldn't top this.

Warden

Arbiter
thesheeep said:

It's not irony, it's not sarcasm, it does not have double senses and it's not meant to simulate Andhaira.

Poor codexers, everyone thinks that everything has to be tainted with some ulterior motives.. Doesn't it hurt your brainz?

Warden said:
thesheeep said:

It's not irony, it's not sarcasm, it does not have double senses and it's not meant to simulate Andhaira.

Poor codexers, everyone thinks that everything has to be tainted with some ulterior motives.. Doesn't it hurt your brainz?
Sheep gave you more credit than you deserve. I doubt it'll happen again, so savour the experience while it lasts.

Warden

Arbiter
Futile Rhetoric said:
Sheep gave you more credit than you deserve. I doubt it'll happen again, so savour the experience while it lasts.

God, I'm so sad that I've lost an internet fan. Can you help me recover.. plz, plsss? :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom