Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Lionheart bashed by CD Action

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

<a target=_blank href=http://www.blackisle.com/lionheart>Lionheart</a> has been reviewed by <a target=_blank href=http://www.cdaction.com.pl>CD Action</a>, the biggest Polish gaming magazine. I normally don't mention things like that, but what made it worth mentioning is that they gave it a rating of... <b>5/10</b> (Gameplay 4, Video 7, Audio 5), especially that they're the people who gave NWN a 10! Their impressions from playing the game can already be seen in the first paragraph (I translated some bits of the review):
<br>
<ul>
<br>
Do not believe when they tell you that Richard the Lionhearted after conquering Acre and making peace with Saladin returned (or at least tried) to Engliand. Actually, he embarked on a long crusade against the dragons. However, you should laugh when they tell you that Lionheart is another great RPG by the makers of Fallout. Or even - that it is aa role-playing game at all...</ul>
<br>
<br>
And more on the combat:
<br>
<br>
<ul>After you leave the city walls, role-playing becomes hack and slash, and the only experience points are the ones hiding in the bodies of the enemies. And don't get me wrong - i like also that kind of games and i really look forward to new Dungeon Siege games. Lionheart's hack & slash is of the worst kind: tedious like counting sheep, and irritating like a party behind the wall. It's because the design decisions taken by the makers of this game are simply unacceptable.</ul>
<br>
<br>
The impressions of the reviewer are similar to other reviews of Lionheart, except that it's rare to see a magazine, whose rating system does not begin with 6, nowadays...
<br>
<br>
Cheers, <b>PrzeSzkod</b>!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom