Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Jeff Vogel interview

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Avernum 3; Spiderweb Software

Just a little more loving of Spiderweb Software. Here's a bit of it:

11.) Timed events play a big part in Avernum 3, such as the razing of towns by monsters if you don't get to their nests in time, and quest situations that only occur after certain dates. Can you explain why Avernum 3 does this? Is making a dynamically changing world more difficult versus the added benefit of demonstrating urgency of situations? Do you feel this worked well for Avernum 3?

It's the thing I love most about the game. I love the size, the depth, the amount of stuff in it. And I love the way you can return to a town and find half of it smashed in.

It was a lot of work. But I think it was just cool.​

And the link to the interview itself.

Anonymous

Spiderweb RPGs

I really enjoy the Spiderweb role-playing games. I especially like Blades of Exile (and expect to like Blades of Avernum) for it's replyability due to player-made add-ons.

Nethergate is also one of my favorites, although I have only played the Celts (not the Romans) so far.

Although the graphics in some of the games may seem primitive by the standards of the best-selling RPGs, the storylines are captivating, and the ability to create, develop, and therefore get totally wrapped up in your characters is addictive.
Jude

Anonymous

So everyone go and buy Jeff's games so he can buy groceries! And write more games, of course... :)

Anonymous

I've been preaching the goodness of spidweb games everywhere I go on the web for a couple of years now (mostly gamedev/programming forums). I hope i've inspired a few people to give them a try at least.

Amasius

Augur
Here are more interviews with Jeff than your necrophilic desires can likely handle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom