Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

3 new Dragon Age Trailers from San Diego Comic Con

Joff1981

Educated
Project: Eternity
There are three new Dragon Age trailers doing the rounds.

1st is titled The Dwarf Commoner and features excessive hacking and slashing and a surprisingly non-scottish sounding dwarf

2nd is The Human Noble and features coitus interruptus, the quickest armour change ever and a rather forced induction into the Grey Wardens

3rd is The Tower Of Ishal which has hacking and slashing, magic use and a boss battle with what looks to be a highly scripted finishing move

Plenty of bitching about the voice acting and stilted cutscene animations can be found at Rock, Paper, Shotgun which has the standard definition vids embedded. Links above are for high def vids courtesy of GameTrailers.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Every swing seems to land on soft skin, despite the mail/plate armor the enemies are wearing. Might get annoying on the long run.

Blood splatter effect seemed nice.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I bet the hot scantily clad chick is scripted to die. Lame! No C&C!

Durwyn

Prophet
Dwarf looks like a half-sized nigger pimp, and even speaks with a proper accent. Shitty VO composed with attrocious lip-synch and emotionless faces delivers massive amounts of lulz

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Shit this game is edgy. Simply touching it will make your head burst as if Kenshiro had just hit your pressure point.

Durwyn

Prophet
Dark Individual said:
My mom won't let me buy violent video games

Just be a rebel and torrent it. Then you can play it at night and laugh your mommy in face

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'd rather have generic scottish dwarf than generic american voice.
Nice detail with blood stains on armour/blade/face but nothing interesting.

Chefe

Erudite
I'll watch these later when no one is around.

I hope there's a plot point where you realize that all the gross amounts of blood you're covered in and don't bother wiping off is full of AIDS.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Haba said:
Blood splatter effect seemed ridiculously over-done.
Fixed.

And goddamnit fucking chainmail bikini fucking bullshit. Jesus fuck. I guess I should be used to it by now, but it still pissed me off just as much every time.

And Chefe's back now? Wtf?

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Durwyn said:
Dwarf looks like a half-sized nigger pimp, and even speaks with a proper accent. Shitty VO composed with attrocious lip-synch and emotionless faces delivers massive amounts of lulz

What? That dwarf sounds nothing like a nigger, he's using proper grammar and he's talking like a gentleman. The tattoos are a little iffy, but his skin seems almost as white as that of the humans.

Edit: I've looked at the HiRes-video, and if anything, he could be a halfbreed. If you look at his chin and his drooping lower lip, there's definitely some spic elements in there, which would also explain why he's so short, lol.
Tthough I don't know if that's intentional or because the modeler has some brown blood himself (if that's true, it would explain a lot about Bioware recent shittiness :lol: ).

Also wondering if all the dwarves look like that, and if they've invaded the human realm by providing cheaper labor :lol:

bhlaab

Erudite
Okay, I get it. Those E3 trailers were simply put to lower expectations to such a degree that these look good in comparison.

Well... it's working. I'm at least a ltitle bit more open-minded about this than I was before.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
bhlaab said:
Okay, I get it. Those E3 trailers were simply put to lower expectations to such a degree that these look good in comparison.

Well... it's working. I'm at least a ltitle bit more open-minded about this than I was before.

Why?

bhlaab

Erudite
It looks like Baldur's Gate, which is about the best you can say for a bioware game. And they managed to get through 3 whole trailers without completely embarassing themselves.

I'm an innocent until proven guilty kind of guy.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Damn, those models really look poor. The mother in the human noble video, (assuming that she is the mother, given that she has an 'old head' despite the totally non-age-appropriate-body), has hands bigger than her entire freaking head.

I'm not a graphics whore, but that is just damn ugly.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
This doesn't look that bad. You all just have unreasonable expectations after Knights of the Old Rep..., er Mass Eff.., er Jade Emp..., er Never Win..., er Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast. Yeah that last one.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
bhlaab said:
It looks like Baldur's Gate, which is about the best you can say for a bioware game. And they managed to get through 3 whole trailers without completely embarassing themselves.

I'm an innocent until proven guilty kind of guy.

You're delusional. BG by no means was offensive to any sense of taste or decency like this piece of shit was. Seriously, after playing games for so many years nothing comes close at being so excruciatingly repulsive from any way you look at it.

Also.

Dwarf: Blood

Human: Sex, Blood

I love Bioware stereotypes.

Mystary!

Arcane
Problem is, baldur's gate didn't have 3d models showing the awkwardness of the rule system. This is painful to watch.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
They should've shown dwarves having sex instead. That would be real edgy.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They weren't having sex. She was still wearing her medieval underwear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom