Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Piranha Bytes Puts Up a Risen FAQ

Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen

The makers of the Gothic games have decided to post a <a href="http://www.worldofrisen.de/article_28.htm">"Frequently Asked Questions" page</a> with some questions that shed a little light on their direction, and some that seem anything but frequently asked.<blockquote><i>Will the island be split, so that you can only gain access to certain parts after completing chapters?</i>
<br>
Yes, provisions have been made for this. The story/game-sequences are arranged into chapters.
<br>
[...]
<br>
<i>Are there plans for multiple cities/camps or settlements and gathering places?</i>
<br>
Yes.
<br>
[...]
<br>
<i>Will there be imposing buildings or building complexes that are interconnected?</i>
<br>
Certainly!
<br>
[...]
<br>
<i>Will the hero have needs for food, drink, rest and will there be inner monologues?</i>
<br>
Yes.
<br>
[...]
<br>
<i>Apart from humans, will there be other races to interact with, like orcs, elves or dwarves?</i>
<br>
Yes, but none of the above.</blockquote>Go check it out for some more info, and a few goofier questions.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
A few very important questions were asked:

Will the trees have leaves or pine needles?
They will have a mixture of both.

Will the dungeons be designed darker at night and will the colour fade to reflect the time of day?
Yes.

Will there be hard liquor?
Absolutely certain!

Are there any women in the completed game?
Yes, there will be women.

Will the hero have a consistent appearance or will you be able to customize your own? Will he be able to bat his eyelids?
The hero will keep a consistent appearance. Yes, he will be able to bat his eyelids.

Will there be decent hairstyles?
Yes, there will be hairstyles. Very realistic ones actually

Will there be fat fellow citizens?
There will be overweight people.

Will there be packs of animals that roam the land? Are there any furry creatures?
Packs and furry creatures are planned.

Will the armour show signs of battle (dents, scrapes etc.)?
The armour will be non destroyable.

A heartfelt :salute: to those willing to ask tough questions.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Edward_R_Murrow said:
<blockquote><i>Will the island be split, so that you can only gain access to certain parts after completing chapters?</i>
Yes, provisions have been made for this. The story/game-sequences are arranged into chapters.
</blockquote>
I find that question misleading. In German, it says "Will the island be split into different areas or chapters?"

While it's probable that access to certain areas is restricted like in Gothic, I rather hope that the whole island is more or less accessible from the start.

Kingston said:
A heartfelt :salute: to those willing to ask tough questions.
It's an FAQ on a fansite. What do you expect?

Syraxith

Novice
Will there be packs of animals that roam the land? Are there any furry creatures?
Packs and furry creatures are planned.

This will be deviantArt's new favorite game. :roll:

Gorath

Novice
The newsbit is incorrect. The FAQ was posted by the World of Risen fan site, not by Piranha Bytes. PB posts (almost) daily on their forum, so the content should be correct.

aries202

Erudite
So, an rpg without dwarfs, elves or orcs? What has the world come to, I wonder :?: On the other hand, you can only take so much elvishness...so this sounds positive indeed...

Texas Red

Whiner
aries202 said:
So, an rpg without dwarfs, elves or orcs? What has the world come to, I wonder :?: On the other hand, you can only take so much elvishness...so this sounds positive indeed...

I find traditional races with roots and perhaps a new twist to be infinitely more interesting than something random put together just to be different. Most Americans and Europeans hold a latent homo eroticism towards burly machinist dwarves and communist elves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom