Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 sort of confirmed

Monolith

Prophet
Tags: CD Projekt; Michal Kicinski

<a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=12322">According to RPG Watch</a> the Polish game mag CD Action has an interview with CD Project co-owner Michal Kicinski stating that The Witcher 2 is in production and supposed to be released in 2010.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
No because E3 already had a title with infantile writing and sex.
gmdctouche.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Morbus said:
It is known already. I think.

Not officially.

Hümmelgümpf said:
Why didn't they show it at E3 if the game is only 1 year away?

Good question. I assume they didn't have a separate polished area since until a few months ago they were prepping to show RotWW at E3.

I dunno, I kind of expected them to make a showing, but they're short on cash and staff. Eh.

Dagon

Scholar
MetalCraze said:

I can see infantile writing from your post too
But sadly you don't have sex...:roll:

Ok just don't take it too personally it was only a joke ;)

But seriously, I played Polish version of The Witcher so my expierience might have been a little different, but I find the writing to be pretty good.
The only problems the game had was the really infantile way of touching subject of Sex
and stupid FedEx quests.

Texas Red

Whiner
MetalCraze said:

Shut up, goddammit SHUT UP

You are one of the worst Codexers to post

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Hümmelgümpf said:
Dark Individual said:
MetalCraze said:

Shut up, goddammit SHUT UP

You are one of the worst Codexers to post
Come one, this is one of the better skyway-isms. I chuckled.
I agree.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
To be fair, and admittedly we don't have to be, DI's come... some way from being TWD. A bit.

Either way, hey, Witcher 2 is good news to me.

Dagon said:
But seriously, I played Polish version of The Witcher so my experience might have been a little different, but I find the writing to be pretty good.
I have to side with MetalCraze here.
I tried playing a whole chapter (EE) in Polish, then tested some of the same areas in Czech and English before ultimately switching to German (I liked the German voice acting the best). I'm not a native speaker of any of these languages but can understand all of them well enough to believe that the differences between individual versions mostly boil down to style. On the (sadly) numerous occasions where I found the writing to be infantile, bland and/or uninspired, it was equally so for all language versions. The translations do add some extra clumsiness and/or omissions, but the overall impression was pretty much the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom