Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Brian Menze is selling original Fallout 2 Vault Boy art

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout 2

If you want some original Vault Boy artwork from Fallout 2, <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Brian_Menze_sells_his_Vault_Boy_art_on_eBay">keep an eye on Ebay</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Hi there! My name is Brian Menze and I'm the artist who drew all of the Vault (pip) Boy images for Fallout 2. I'm going to do a test run with these to see how well they do before I post more, so if they do, keep a look out for future postings of your favorite Vault Boy images. The Vault Boy images I'm offering here are "Grave Digger" and "Villified". The first thing you'll ask yourself is "are these real?". Yes they are. Both are one of a kind and completely original. The second thing you'll ask yourself is "why are the faces missing?". Well, back when I worked on the project, I decided that the best way to keep the character "on model" was to use a "master" vault boy head to add later on the computer after I scanned in the body. This seemed the best and easiest way to keep the character looking good without having to make sure his eyes, mouth and hair were perfect each time I drew him. I inserted the "in game" images for your viewing pleasure and they are not part of the original art.
<br>

<br>
The page is an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper containing two Vault Boy images measuring roughly 4x5 inches each. Because these are original pieces you'll find the pages sometimes with slight creases, pencil marks, erasings and other slight imperfections. I will, of course, sign the page and add an original head sketch and personalize it for you, if you wish. I hope that's enough information, but if not please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
<br>
I will ship using USPS Priority Mail and strongly suggest you add insurance. As of now I only accept payments through PAYPAL. Thank you and happy bidding!</blockquote>
<br>
More images plz. The first two went for <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/VAULT-PIP-BOY-ORIGINAL-ART-from-Fallout-2-1_W0QQitemZ300362967675QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ef072a7b">$28.00</a> and <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/VAULT-PIP-BOY-ORIGINAL-ART-from-Fallout-2-2_W0QQitemZ300362971638QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ef0739f6QQautorefreshZtrue">$52.05</a>.
<br>

<br>
Thanks again <b>Ausir</b>!

YourDaddy

Educated
Obviously, he is trying to use the Fallout 3 popularity for his own monetary gain, leading potential customers into the false belief that his products have anything to do with _real_ Fallout.
Let's see if bethesda sues him.

Jason

chasing a bee
The first two went for $28.00 and $52.05.
Wow, I definitely would've made a go for them at that price. Probably what's hurting him is the missing face thing. His explanation makes sense, but it kind of kills the idea of framing them to hang on your wall to show off to other nerds.

Ausir

Arcane
YourDaddy said:
Obviously, he is trying to use the Fallout 3 popularity for his own monetary gain, leading potential customers into the false belief that his products have anything to do with _real_ Fallout.
Let's see if bethesda sues him.

Given that he's now working on New Vegas, he probably got Bethesda's permission.

Wow, I definitely would've made a go for them at that price. Probably what's hurting him is the missing face thing. His explanation makes sense, but it kind of kills the idea of framing them to hang on your wall to show off to other nerds.

No, what's hurting him is actually the fact that he didn't tell anyone about it. He should have sent info to The Vault, NMA and DAC the moment he put these on eBay. It was only accidentally discovered by someone from NMA yesterday.

And he says that he'll draw the missing faces for the buyer, so it's not much of an issue.

Ausir

Arcane
1eyedking said:
He should have added the faces, though those versions make for a tale, I guess.

I will, of course, sign the page and add an original head sketch and personalize it for you, if you wish.

He will.

crakkie

Arcane
Saw this a few days ago.
Carbine's Twitter said:
RT @ablegamers: Just got a great set of things to auction. Tim Cain @carbine_studios donated some CLASSIC FALLOUT GEAR ! (1997) Want to see?
7:18 PM Nov 2nd from HootSuite
They never elaborated on what the auction was for or what was donated.

relootz

Scholar
Ausir said:
1eyedking said:
He should have added the faces, though those versions make for a tale, I guess.

I will, of course, sign the page and add an original head sketch and personalize it for you, if you wish.

He will.

I dont know if he should. I would say that the fact that it does not have a face just adds to the authenticity.

Ausir

Arcane
I dont know if he should. I would say that the fact that it does not have a face just adds to the authenticity.

Note the "if you wish" part.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
FALLOUT IS DEAD. LET IT LIE IN PEACE.

Fuck off, cockgobbler.

Also, hopefully he'll keep the shipping to USA and Canada only. The less bidders the better for me. I'm gonna keep an eye on this.

Zomg

Arbiter
Is it the same guy that did FO1's VB drawings? Does he not have those?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Hahaha, what a stupid guy! He sells his drawings but puts them on the net! I just need to print it and then I got an original without removing anything from an inventory.

Heck, maybe I could even try selling those prints on eBay as well! I'm sure to find gullible people there.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I know. It's because everyone printed his original art and sold it to art galleries before he did.

Tails

Arbiter
Bethesda just takes proper care of franchise, you know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom