Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline (3D!!) Apocalyptic Action RPG (Working Title)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
UPDATE : The whole interface UI and system was coming along so good I thought this was wasted on 2D. I ripped out the tile engine and began working on a new test map in 3D using my asset library. LOOKING GOOD! Screen shots coming along shortly. Everything is very low poly and striving for a graphic comic book feel that will be compatible with mobile. Inspired by 70's comic books like "COBALT-60," "KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH" and some HEAVY METAL, LAST GASP and SLOW DEATH including stories by Richard Corben. Got a good paint shader on things that gets that ultrarealism mixed with garish sketch look.

!!!corbenpa1.jpg

UPDATE II : Have character creation and customization screen going when starting new game.

UPDATE III : Have dialogues going with NPCs incorporating quests and interaction with other NPCs.

http://theporporbooksblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/heirs-of-earth-by-richard-corben-from.html

etc. many other examples of the 70's DYING EARTH genre in comics. Not like Fallout at all, very different sort of RPG.

Last edited:

Arulan

Cipher
When are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd crowd-funding campaigns happening?

In all seriousness, good luck Cleve!

:greatjob:

It's coming along really good here.

Nuclear Throne meets Fallout meets NeoScavenger.

Prototype is up and running, support colossal world map with crafting, gun upgrades, dialogues and complex inventory management right now.

Post apocalyptic zombie wasteland.

Screen shots soon.

Just wanna say you are an incredible writer.

I look forward to your future work.

Old Hans

Arcane

Prototype is up and running, support colossal world map with crafting, gun upgrades, dialogues and complex inventory management right now.

Screen shots soon.
gonna screenshot this so I can bring it up whenever someone is like "remember that game cleave was working on 20 years ago? I just vaguely remember him saying it was a wasteland 2 clone or something"

Morkar Left

Screen shots soon.

If you can't build your own atomic shelter I'm very dissapointed.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Which elements are you going to take from each?

Are you aiming for quick replay value, or something more sustained?

For quick replay FTL is a prime example of death-reward-restart imo (if that's what you're going for).

:incline:

So the Gold Coast?

Been to Darwin? Liquor stores have barbed-wire fencing, this tells one everything. :lol:

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
Zombies will be out of fashion. Give me extradimensional energy signatures or something!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom