Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sacred patch 1.6 released

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred

Those kooky krauts are at it again: the <a href=http://eng.sacred-game.com/changelog.php?s=&showversion=172>Sacred patch 1.6</a> has been released. Here some fixes.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote> * Fixed calculation of item level when forging them into special items. New item level is now the level of the item forged which has the highest level.
<br>
* Fixed EXP bonus when touching special statues. Received EXP bonus reduced to an appropriate level.
<br>
* Fixed EXP when defeating Bosses and Champions. Received EXP raised to an appropriate level.
<br>
* Improved colour scheme of the enemy status indicator.
<br>
* Improved variation of the enemy level when re-spawning.
<br>
* Fixed an issue where the wrong bonus was given by potions.
<br>
* the performance has been improved
<br>
* Fixed an issue where a rare crash appeared while fighting against monsters
<br>
* forged rings have been counted twice -> forged items must be forged out of the item and forged into the item again. Otherwise there won’t be any bonuses.
<br>
* a possible reason for crashes is fixed
<br>
* added a tooltip for the forger so the item stats can now be viewed
<br>
* Localisation additions
<br>
* added a new option for the Configuration Tool to create logs while playing</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
"Localisation additions"... does that mean more gore for North America?
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>

EEVIAC

Erudite
They've nerfed gore for the Australian version as well, which is pretty stupid because the game is already rated M15 +. Bloody disappointing. Why they bothered making the AU version differently to the UK or NA version is beyond me, its not as if we speak a different language, and its not localized to the point where villagers are saying "look at the tits on that sheila - FAIR DINKUM!" I'll download the patch and see how it goes.

Malak

Liturgist
Apparently you can safely use the UK patches and keep the gore, for both the US and AU versions.

EEVIAC

Erudite
I've downloaded the 1.5 US and 1.6 AU patch, so I may as well try the UK patch, if only to completely dismiss the idea that I'm ever going to get gore. By the way, you can download the patches from here, the link in the news doesn't actually link to a download.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Malak said:
Apparently you can safely use the UK patches and keep the gore, for both the US and AU versions.

Nah, the patch installer says the patch is incompatable with your current installed version. It won't open with WinZIP either, so..

agris

Arcane
Patron
well...

Hey, this is my first post. I figured I'ld post something usefull, so here is how to enable gore if you have the US/AUS version. (taken from sacred-fans.net)

1. Click here and get the 1.2 crack (it contains the UK .exe, which you'll need later)
2. Go to start/run and type "regedit" , without the quotes.
3. Press F3 and search for Sacred, you should see a list of values like "installkey" "language" "updated" and "version". Delete the version key.
4. Put the cracked 1.2 exe in your sacred folder (not fmod.dll), and run the UK update. You'll patch and then have the UK version, full gore etc. Closed online play still works, you just confused the patch into updating your game to UK!

EEVIAC

Erudite
Works! Its amazing what a gentle mist of red particles and some blood pooling can do for immersion. Thanks Agris.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom