Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

-

Last edited by a moderator:

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Looking Glass was one of those rare developers that made games because the people there simply enjoyed making games, and not one of those that just craps out uninspired shit to try to make it big in the mainstream market. The kind of developer we haven't seen in years and probably won't ever again.

:honourblade:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Fat Dragon said:
[...] and not one of those that just craps out uninspired shit to try to make it big in the mainstream market. [...]
In before Obsidian fans.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Annoying videos "WHO WOULD PLAY Y- HEY YOU THERE WHO WOULD PLAY YOU?! AND YOU?! WHATYsdsf

But indeed very sad.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Fat Dragon said:
Looking Glass was one of those rare developers that made games because the people there simply enjoyed making games, and not one of those that just craps out uninspired shit to try to make it big in the mainstream market. The kind of developer we haven't seen in years and probably won't ever again.

There are a few of them still, but not many who actually make good games.

This type of developer will always fail unless they learn to whore themselves half of the time, make actual quality games the other half. That's probably not an option for a small studio financed by a big publisher. Fuck the industry.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kosmonaut said:
Fat Dragon said:
[...] and not one of those that just craps out uninspired shit to try to make it big in the mainstream market. [...]
In before Obsidian fans.

No, Obsidian totally tries to make it big in the mainstream market, they're just bad at it.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
WOW BROS SERIOUS REVISIONIST DICKSUCKING HERE THOUGH KEEP GOING YOULL GET LOTS OGF ACHIEVEMENT POINTS

spekkio

Arcane
poocolator said:
"So now, more than ten years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Massachusetts, and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."
:obviously:

Norfleet

I'm somewhat unclear as to how a gaming studio could REALLY die, as long as everyone involved remains alive. Short of going in and shooting everyone there in the head, it is unclear to me how you would stop them from deciding to reconvene at some later date and make a new game, if they really wanted to. Therefore, it follows that gaming studios die because the people involved are whiny slackers who quit.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I.C. Wiener said:
Fat Dragon said:

There are a few of them still, but not many who actually make good games.

This type of developer will always fail unless they learn to whore themselves half of the time, make actual quality games the other half. That's probably not an option for a small studio financed by a big publisher. Fuck the industry.
Fuck the gamers you mean.

Fucking subhuman retards

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Spellcaster said:
ITZ here

Man, now I'm really sad :cry:
Well, as Don Henley would've put it: get over it. You fucking faggot. The fuck you crying over a bunch of people you didn't even know? You know they're alive and well, right? They just work for different companies now. That Emil guy is at Bethesda. He smokes the biggest cigars and designs the shittiest games. Fuck that guy. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Freelance Henchman said:
Wow, someone pissed in Andy's hay this morning.
Not only that! Someone took a big shit in my water trough! It's an outrage!

Seriously, I liked Looking Glass too but I'm not gonna cry and act like a pussy. That's for wimps and fuckbagging suckwads.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
ONE ZOUSHAND NAZHIS ONNA DINNAHTABLE!!!!! RRRRROUNDENROUNDDDD LIKE ONE ZOUSHAND LITTLE FAGGOTTTTTS!!!!

Norfleet

Destroid said:
They are usually closed by the publishers that own them.
Which is meaningless: The publishers don't own the PEOPLE, so if they were really committed, they could just reform themselves with the same people. That there is a business model right there. Make games until the studio is run into the ground and sacked by the publisher who now holds a gutted husk, then reform with the same group under a new flag. The players would love it. The studio itself is just a name.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Spellcaster said:
That's the problem. LGS wasn't about one or two good employees working together with 200 retarded faggots. The whole team was great, or at least the majority of it was. But if you throw one of them inside Bethesda or something like that - do you really think he/she could make a difference? You can't blame Emil or even Brosius (he's working with Guitar Hero now) for that matter. What is a Captain without a functional ship (or with a crew of monkeys)?
Alright, you've convinced me. I'll start up my rocketcar and then you and I can get out there hunting for former Looking Glass employees with a lasso. Then we'll tie em all up together and make them whole again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom