Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Trzynasty Schron interviews Brian Mitsoda

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Brian Mitsoda; DoubleBear Productions

<p>Jim Cojones had the opportunity to <a href="http://www.fallout3.net/dzial,wywiad_mitsoda_en.htm" target="_blank">chat up with Brian Mitsoda</a> of Doublebear Productions. The whole thing mainly covers <span class="postbody">ZRPG's features.</span></p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>While most of the RPGs and most of the modern games never let You fail so much that it won't be possible to continue after resorting to the most recent save, some of the titles You list as the main source of influence (X-Com, JA2) did. A couple of screwed missions against aliens meant a player lost experienced soldiers, lost equipment and financial sources are cut so it was difficult to rebuild. Will it be similar in ZRPG?</strong><br /><br />Yes, definitely. If you lose assets and allies, you will have a harder time, but on the other hand, you can still get out there and try to replace them - though we have a finite number of allies and resources in the world. I think the game is about hard choices, and I think that the setting will help reinforce rather than frustrate players when they lose people or allies get infected or they make enemies of one of the tougher groups. To be fair, we have allies warn players when actions have repercussions and we give players an "unconsciousness" buffer when someone hits 0 HP in order to let the player try to save them before they die/get killed, but there's definitely a lot of risk/reward involved in our game. Because of some of the randomness, I think players can expect the game throwing some different stuff at them on each playthrough, similar to Civilization or X-Com. We also have several levels of difficulty that will let players choose the amount of risk they feel comfortable with.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>See if you can spot the conceiled Alpha Protocol question that Brian skillfully dodged.</p>
<p><span class="postbody"><br /></span></p>

Destroid

Arcane
oldmanpaco said:
For some reason i always thought Mitsoda was an Asian name. Live and learn.

Same. I was quite surprised to see a long haired greek/italian looking kinda guy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Nice read and good interview Jim Cojones. I don't follow the ITS forum too much nice to hear a bit more of what they are doing.

And XP for completing objectives, not killing things, fuck yeah!

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yep, definitely sounds good, one of the few games I'm looking forward to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom