Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Server issues megathread (outages, slowness, 5xx errors)

Codex Year of the Donut
hello yes I am having problems connecting to the codex internets, my ip is 127.0.0.1 if you need it.

Wunderbar

Arcane
0G1KzE8.png

Dexter

Arcane
Codex Servers seem to be crapping out for some reason. Been in loading loops for like 30 seconds to a minute.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Codex feels like it's 2002 again.

Two things:

One - There's always one server in the trace IP chain that consistently reports a timeout, the seventh server from me, which slows things down.

The other - there's 17 jumps between me and the Sorcerer's net hosting service. Are the servers on the fucking moon??
Tracing to the govt.nz server only gives me 10 jumps and that's on the other side of the planet!

:shredder:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If the frequent lag is exclusive to the US, then it must be exclusive to the US and Eastern Yuro bc it's driving me crazy over here.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seriously, though, any thoughts on what the issue is?

Servers crapping out due to heavy load? DDoS? Hardware made of wood in Australia slowly rotting?
Some PHP plugin update causing issues?
Drama?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Once a day when the server is backing up things never load, but that only lasts a few minutes. I have noticed the lag myself sometimes today, but the recent config changes seem to have eliminated the 504 errors, at least. Now we'll go from there. If anyone's still seeing 504 errors POST here, don't use the button parade icons because I'm not wasting time figuring out what time someone dropped a YES or NO or whatever on my post. Post in the thread and explain what you're getting so I can reference the time stamp.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is absolutely insane. I'm not the one to complain usually, but it takes a flat 10s to post anything. And a flat 30s to use the Shoutbox.

Larian is starting a stream right now, and for me to let people know 60s were necessary, when 2 were all I needed.

I have no idea what's going on, but please fix these issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom