Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sacred Underworld announced

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred Underworld

<A href="http://www.sacred-game.com">Sacred</a> is getting a full blown commercial expansion:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>MIDLANDS, England (August 19th, 2004) - European games publisher, ASCARON ENTERTAINMENT announce at Leipzig Games Convention, the launch of SACRED Underworld, the first official expansion pack for the award winning PCCD role play game, SACRED. Set for release Q1 2005, Sacred Underworld begins directly where the original game left off.
<br>
<br>
It continues to tell the story of the kingdom of Ancaria, which is now facing a dreadful threat coming from its very depths. After Shaddar's demise, the player is drawn into the depths and faces a completely new, bizarre, bright and vast underworld. After many adventures above and below the world's surface, the hero will finally stand before the Portal of Hell, in an intense and dramatic climax.
<br>
<br>
Confirmed features so far:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Two new characters (Dwarf, Succubus)</li><li>Two new stories</li><li>World expansion of approx. 30 to 40 %</li><li>Completely new monsters and NPCs</li><li>New items and armor sets</li><li>Horses can be equipped</li><li>Special final opponents</li><li>Improved interface</li></ul></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I'd rather see all the problems of the game ironed out first.
<br>

The Pope

Novice
After many adventures above and below the world's surface, the hero will finally stand before the Portal of Hell, in an intense and dramatic climax.
Sounds awfully familiar...

Nice to see they're faking the Underdark too.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sacred had an underworld region, I believe. You get to see it briefly in the game, IIRC. It's more like the cave levels in Diablo though, so who knows what Hell looks like.

Then again, who didn't see a "Hell" part coming, honestly? You have angels as playable characters. The main bad guy is a loosed demon. Hell was coming.

suibhne

Erudite
DamnElfGirl said:
Hey, it's a succubus! Apparently the Seraphim just didn't provide enough hott bikini action...

It was deemed absolutely essential that Sacred represent femininity in its complex wholeness - i.e., by showing both a saint and a whore.

Thank you, Catholicism. :roll:

Whipporowill

Erudite
The dwarf looks kind of cool, wearing goggles and being tattoed and stuff. I'm guessing he has tech gadgets. Goggles, rifle, power gloves (?) and so on. Would be a pretty funky class actually...

Greenskin13

Erudite
suibhne said:
It was deemed absolutely essential that Sacred represent femininity in its complex wholeness - i.e., by showing both a saint and a whore.

Because if it wasn't for Catholicism, Sacred wouldn't make a demon female PC.

It's the Vatican's fault, I tell ye!

Surlent

Liturgist
suibhne said:
I thought German were more protestant and Lutherian rather than catholic ?
(Ascaron being German.)
Personally I say the German film industry affects them too much. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom