Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Beth vs. Interplay: Catfight Continues

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay

<p>You'll probably be shocked, but it seems as if Bethesda is making false claims, <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Bethesda:_Our_arguments_have_been_consistent" target="_blank">according to Fallout Wikia</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>After Bethesda's <a title="User blog:Ausir/More VaultLeaks: Bethesda claims IPLY could only use the Fallout name" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/More_VaultLeaks:_Bethesda_claims_IPLY_could_only_use_the_Fallout_name">claims that Interplay was only licensed the Fallout name for use in its Fallout MMO</a> and <a title="User blog:Ausir/Interplay counters Bethesda's claims with quotes from Bethesda's statements" href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Interplay_counters_Bethesda%27s_claims_with_quotes_from_Bethesda%27s_statements">Interplay's response</a>, Bethesda has yesterday filed their own counterclaim to Interplay's counterclaim, which alleged that Bethesda's statements have been inconsistent. However, you can actually find an example of such an inconsistency below.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Bethesda:_Our_arguments_have_been_consistent" target="_blank">Read the rest here.</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
What the hell are Bethesda doing? They had tons more money than Interplay to afford good lawyers, yet every single time I read about this trial it's to find out Bethesda have done yet another stupid thing. Are they really going to lose to Herve?

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
After the stupid trick they pulled regarding the retailing of the fallout collectors edition i wonder if they risk breeching the entire agreement so that the IP goes back to Interplay.

Still...annoyed as hell that IP is that important in the industry...I mean...its not like they are buying them for the gameplay/interface design.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
deus101 said:
Still...annoyed as hell that IP is that important in the industry...I mean...its not like they are buying them for the gameplay/interface design.
Yeah, it's completely fucked up. Fucking marketing tricks ruing everything.

denizsi

Arcane
Sceptic said:
What the hell are Bethesda doing? They had tons more money than Interplay to afford good lawyers, yet every single time I read about this trial it's to find out Bethesda have done yet another stupid thing. Are they really going to lose to Herve?

Bethesda might have the money and the lawyers but they don't have the skills and the experience Herve has. He's the legendary master of disaster.

xc6g49.jpg

Go Herve!

denizsi said:
Sceptic said:

Bethesda might have the money and the lawyers but they don't have the skills and the experience Herve has. He's the legendary master of disaster.

xc6g49.jpg

Go Herve!

I'm curious. Would you grow that moustache/hair combo because you molest children, or would you molest children in order to justify the moustache and hair?

mondblut

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Bethesda has yesterday filed their own counterclaim to Interplay's counterclaim

Tomorrow in the news: Interplay filed a counterclaim to Bethesda's counterclaim to Interplay's previous counterclaim.

Fucking jews. Why don't they hire some hitmen and settle it like men?

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
mondblut said:
Tomorrow in the news: Interplay filed a counterclaim to Bethesda's counterclaim to Interplay's previous counterclaim.

Bethesda responds: "Yeah, well we counterclaim INFINITY!"

ElectricOtter

dragonfk said:
Jaesun said:

Sooo...Which is Herve and which is Todd?

PS. Awesome fight.
That's hard to say. Bethesda did sort of pounce on Interplay with the lawsuit, but Bethesda is continually screwing themselves and trying to back up while confusing the whole mess by saying Interplay is... well, confusing the whole mess.

In any case, :retarded:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The more I look at that picture, the more I'm convinced that Hervé Caen is a cousin of Ron Jeremy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Gragt said:
The more I look at that picture, the more I'm convinced that Hervé Caen is a cousin of Ron Jeremy.

:lol: OK good, it's not just me then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom