Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

-

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
DE3 trailer was pretty fucking cool though, probably going to be the highlight of the game. But I agree, 1 mill wasted on a trailer is pretty stupid if you ask me. Give me that money and I'll make a bunch of games with it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
As soon as the explosions started rolling in it felt like I was watching a Michael Bay movie. :M
Gameplay is gonna be like Kingdom Hearts, but with the visuals "koolness" that was in Advent Children. This game is gonna be shit.

attackfighter

Magister
Wow, and compare that to Skyrim's recent trailer where basically nothing but still shots of a wall were shown. Western devs are just shit compared to the Japanese, they sell out for mainstream mass appeal and yet they fail even at that, with their shitty lame graphics and generic, thoughtless choreography. The only reason they get away with it is because their audience is retarded and would literally buy anything that's hyped enough.

Edit: ok I just watched past the first minute and apparantly this is in-game footage and not a trailer. Still, better than mainstream Western gameplay.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Square Enix has always nice graphics, look at FF XII. It was only the RPG, or gameplay part that was lacking.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
I actually thought there would be something impressive about the cgi...

Wtf! It was a mediocre technically, pos cinematically and content-wise. Where have the OP lives the last 5 years...

20 Eyes

Liturgist
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Looks like the successor to FF8.

This was my fight thought, especially once I saw the captions across the screen.

The game looks pretty cool. The visuals are nice and the setting looks interesting. Admittedly, I've always been partial to the fantasy/modern/future blend featured in Final Fantasy. I was actually disappointed when 10 started off that way, but then went to a weird tropical setting after the intro.

The characters mostly look like emo faggots, but it's been so long since there's been a decent Final Fantasy that the setting actually seems fresh to me. I'm happy to see a game that takes place outside of high/grimdark fantasy/the US military/the 'hood'.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I always though XIII looked fucking lame, but Versus XIII had that 'something' that got my attention, despite the retarded name.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
How the fuck do you block a trailer for copy right issues? Square Enix cannot into advertisement.

Leimrey

Educated
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWBd6J_k2c

Generic Weaboo Shit Without Soul Nr. 1263263 (and that's coming from another borderline weaboo, btw).

attackfighter said:
Wow, and compare that to Skyrim's recent trailer where basically nothing but still shots of a wall were shown.
Which was still more impressive and emotionally engaging than this DRAMAfest (I'm talking about the cutscene segments, not the gameplay, which also looked like shit, by the way) for angsty 12 year olds. Fuck, I want to tear my fucking eyes out every time I see those androgynous mutants, which are supposed to be "males".

attackfighter said:
Western devs are just shit compared to the Japanese... with their shitty lame graphics
Crysis 1/2 called, ur a fagget.

attackfighter said:
thoughtless choreography.

Wow, just wow. I nearly died from the Irony Overdose Syndrome. Seriously, The Witcher trailer had better choreography than most of the Jap game shit I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOac7t4kSUI

attackfighter said:
Still, better than mainstream Western gameplay.
Even Oblivion has a better combat system than this "Explosions: The Game" shit. At least Oblivion requires you to actually time your shots, watch out for blocks and try to effectively use your stamina pool, instead of swinging wildly in all directions like a retard. And I'm not even talking about games like Risen or Gothic, where the combat system is light years away from this cartoonish DMC-style garbage.

Hobo Elf said:
DE3 trailer was pretty fucking cool though
I liked that trailer too (except for the retarded wristblade melee sequence and the wall smash in the end), although that Ghost In The Shell: Innocence colour pallete wasn't the best possible choice, IMHO.

DefJam101

Arcane
Wow, that trailer was fucking awful.

Really if you're going to waste one million dollars... this is the best you can do? Huh?

Ermm

Erudite
Yeah. What is what causes everyone to talk about this massive faggotry?
Deus Ex 3? Front Mission?
Final FANTAZXYES XVVVV?

Ermm

Erudite
Also a bit offtopic.
Square is making FFXIII-2
Nio I am serious.

And they complain that their sales are getting lower and lower. That's becuz no one cares about your shitty Final Friday XIII with it's shit world, shit gameplay, shiit linearity and crystals up your ass, or your shitty weaboo MMORPG. Keep making games which no one gives a clusterfuck, and you will go flushing down into a toilet.

You know what's BUULLLSHIT? Final Fantasy XIII-2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom