Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WE'RE TWO!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: RPG Codex

Yup, <b>October 19th</b> again. We're <b>two years old</b> now. In accordance with Spazmo's tradition of listing who we've pissed off in the last year, here's the small list:
<br>
<ul><li>Countless Morrowind fans
<br>
<li>Silver Style Entertainment
<br>
<li>Fans of Silver Style Entertainment
<br>
<li>Even more NWN fans than last year
<br>
<li>Pete Hines of Bethesda(Well, Exitium thinks so and I'm padding the list)
<br>
<li>LARPS fags
<br>
<li>D.W. Bradley
<br>
<li>INTERPLAY! (Two years running, baby!)
<br>
<li>Sony Entertainment PR(due to me responding to their press release with <i>Are you guys ever going to make a REAL RPG?</i>)
<br>
<li><i>Mr. Teatime</i> of <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover</a> by making fun of his piano skills.
<br>
<li>Taluntain, our host, by raiding his IRC channel and annoying his ops.
<br>
<li>Lots more who haven't told us they were pissed off, because they were too pissed off to say so!</ul>
<br>
So, it's a brand new year now, and given the trends in CRPGing, it's sure to be a crap shoot on who we'll annoy next!
<br>

Limorkil

Liturgist
I think you could lump all the people you've pissed off under the heading "Over-sensitive narrow-minded morons". Of course, they would probably attach the same label to you.

I am a big Morrowind fan and a person who hates Bioware yet plays all their games and generally likes them (except NWN, although I still played it). The reason I come to The Codex is that I'm fine with criticizing stuff even if I like it. I never quite understood the need of people to swear blind unwavering alliegence to games and game developers, or anything else for that matter (other products, companies, societies, religions, governments etc.) Everyone harps on about freedom of speech, yet those same people think that anyone who criticizes "the prevailing sentiment" should just shut the hell up. I like The Codex because people can generally take criticism, and even if they can't they tend to be fairly humorous in their replies. And its always fun to see some fanboy hop over here from a games official website to lose an argument.

trystero

Novice
Congrats to you guys... Had no idea the site was only two years old... Judging by some members' post counts, I assumed it had been around much longer heh.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Happy Birthday RPG Codex!!!

I hope this site is around for many more years. It's great to come here to see what's new in RPG land and read about who is bitching at who. I find most of the opinions here parallel my own. And for those that don't, I can flame them to my heart's content without worrying if I am pissing anybody off.

After all, pissing people off is one of the things this site does wonderfully.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Limorkil said:
I think you could lump all the people you've pissed off under the heading "Over-sensitive narrow-minded morons". Of course, they would probably attach the same label to you.

Seems fair enough. Anyone who's gettig pissed off by someones opinion, or by someone pointing out their mistakes, deserves to be pissed off. Anyway, it's fun to watch the fireworks.

And congrats. :)

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Happy birthday to the Codex!

To pad the list:
* Gamer's Hell - when they ripped off our interview with that one guy.
* That one guy I'm talking about.
* Kamaz
* Kamaz's LARP friends
* Atari PR for scolding them for putting Dragonshard spam
* The Simming League or whatever the hell those people are called
* LyraStone Productions
* Spazmo pissed Visceris off by sending him spin.gif

I can't even remember the name of that game.

Jed

Cipher
May the 'Codex live long and annoy many.

Congrats all around. I hope the 'Codex pisses off even more people in the year to come.

Funny, I didn't realize that I'd been here since almost the beginning...

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Here's to tripling that list in 05'

I'd like to congratulate the staff and give
a big "Dick Cheney" style Go Fuck Yourself award to Exitium
He worked extra hard to earn it.

Surlent

Liturgist
Happy birthday !

btw notice how Leo of Troika and ol Fergie from Obsidian evaded all the remarks ? :D

Shinan

Educated
I love this page. I'm glad I found this to lurk on because the opinion of the Codex is mostly the Right opinion 8^)

May Cthulhu bless the Codex.

Fnord.

XMark

Novice
Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Codex, happy.... ARGH! Copyright lawyers are attacking me!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wow. A birthday. I don't even celebrate my birthday (heh, no one does: :) ) so explain why this is worthy of celebration.

I have pissed off more people than the Codex though my list is shorter. Watch:

Volourn has pissed off...

Everyone.

See, that was easy. Doesn't take a genius or an expert to piss people off.

And, oh, congratulations. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom