Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Witcher week starts tomorrow

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Witcher, The

The nice guys at <A href="http://www.cdprojekt.com/">CD Projekt</a> have sent out a new newsletter for <A href="http://www.thewitcher.com">The Witcher</a>. Here's the important bit about an upcoming media blow out dealie starting tomorrow:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>As you’ve probably noticed there are no new materials coming with this issue of the newsletter. There is a reason, however, and NO… we weren’t too lazy to prepare them :) It is all because The Witcher Week, which starts on Thursday – October 21! The following week will indeed be unbelievable. Not only will you have a chance to see new screenshots, but also sketches, arts, renders and movies! All of them fresh and juicy :) What’s more, you will finally have a chance to meet the protagonist of the game. You’ll get to know the mysteries of the character development, and finally see what he looks like. Be sure to visit our website at <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com">www.TheWitcher.com</a> soon!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Welp, I'm nearly excited. How about you guys?
<br>

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I don't want to sound like a perv or anything, but I almost creamed myself when I saw the render of that chick with her nipple hanging out!

Metaphorically.... and literally..

Mature rating? Yay!

p.s. Zombie chick is hot too. :lol:

Monev

Novice
The screens sure look nice. Can you guys believe that is a Neverwinter Nights engine? They really have done a great job with it.

Well let’s just hope, that the new movie will feature all the chicks from the game. I don’t know about you, but I’m really exited about this whole witcher week :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Can you guys believe that is a Neverwinter Nights engine? "

Yes. If you knew anything about engines (and I know very little, myself) it shouldn't be a surprise AT ALL. Dumbass.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"Can you guys believe that is a Neverwinter Nights engine? "

Yes. If you knew anything about engines (and I know very little, myself) it shouldn't be a surprise AT ALL. Dumbass.
Wow, somebody's overly aggressive today. Well, I feel your pain, it's kinda boring without a good flame war. I'll have to misquote or take something out of the context real soon.

Monev

Novice

Well, say what you want, I still think the game looks very good. And no, I'm not intrested in a flame war. If you can't make a normal converstion without offending any one, maybe you should find yourself another forum.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Monev said:
Well, say what you want, I still think the game looks very good. And no, I'm not intrested in a flame war. If you can't make a normal converstion without offending any one, maybe you should find yourself another forum.

Welcome to RPGCodex.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Wow, somebody's overly aggressive today."

LOL Overly? I used the dumbass. That's not aggresive; that's a Term of Endearment.

"I'll have to misquote or take something out of the context real soon."

Can't wait. :D

"If you can't make a normal conversation without offending any one, maybe you should find yourself another forum."

Huh? That's exactly why I post here. read SP's signature for evidence. :twisted:

Sirus

Liturgist
Monev said:

Don't take anything Volourn says seriousy. Everyone knows he's a dumbass.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Don't take anything Volourn says seriousy. Everyone knows he's a dumbass."

Only a retarded dumbass would think they speak for 'everyone'. I guess you think you are the 'Chosen One'. Talk about delusional. :roll:

Sirus

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"Don't take anything Volourn says seriousy. Everyone knows he's a dumbass."

Only a retarded dumbass would think they speak for 'everyone'. I guess you think you are the 'Chosen One'. Talk about delusional. :roll:

Sorry, when I say everyone. I mean everyone over twelve.

Monev

Novice
Volourn said:
Huh? That's exactly why I post here. read SP's signature for evidence. :twisted:

Ok, so I take back all I wrote earlier. Let's do some old school kick ass flaming!! Yeah!

But let's stay for a just a little while on the topic :). Any comments on the game?? I think it might be something. For now we've only seen some screenshot and a short movie, but if the playability will be as good as the graphics the game will rock :)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Somehow I have more faith in this game than in Bloodlines.
BTW the eating animation is quite hilarious, also due to the fact that it could use some more mouth movement.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"But let's stay for a just a little while on the topic . Any comments on the game?? I think it might be something. For now we've only seen some screenshot and a short movie, but if the playability will be as good as the graphics the game will rock"

Ok. Can do. the graphics are great. The story has good possibilities. The atmosphere of the screenshots look impresisve. I'm sure the role-playingw hile it won't be FOish will be ok. My biggest worry is the combat and the rules system. Definitely a game I will keep an eye out for though I probably won't get it right away.

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
My biggest worry is the combat and the rules system. Definitely a game I will keep an eye out for though I probably won't get it right away.
Hah? The combat is built on your favorite game engine of all time, what's to worry about?

Reklar

Liturgist
Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Well, unless you're Volourn. He seems to get away with just about anything. :D

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The combat is built on your favorite game engine of all time, what's to worry about?"

Soa re the graphics yet they are much better than NWN's. I fear the reverse will be true for the combat and rules. It'll be a silly action game and from what I've seen and read that's exactly what it is. Meh. Good troll, btw. :twisted:

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn raises an interesting question: what's Witcher running on rules-wise? I don't think it's D&D, is it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom