Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Lionheart dev diary at GameSpot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

<a href="http://gamespot.com/">GameSpot</a> has posted a <A href="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2901663-2,00.html">dev diary</a> with <b>Mr. Doug Avery</b> of <a href="Http://www.blackisle.com">Black Isle</a> about his trips to <a href="http://www.reflexive.net">Reflexive</a> to soak in the love that is <A href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>. Here's a bit on that:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>On Fridays, Chris and I make our weekly pilgrimage to Reflexive to visit with the guys, pick up the latest version of the game, and see what new changes have been made. Last week, the team was focused primarily on making the game more stable so we could have our QA teams begin their preliminary testing. We have our internal QA testers looking at the latest build of the game and getting familiar with the documentation so they'll be ready to go when we get a more-stable version of the game for testing. Right now, saving and loading of the game is in and working, and that is making testing an actual possibility.
<br>
<br>
I can't wait to see what the guys will put in next. Currently, I have been playing through the game as a demokin character and exploring Nueva Barcelona. It's pretty cool to talk to young Bill Shakespeare, and there is a very intriguing fellow from China who has some nice items. There are also very strict laws there regarding the use of magic and violence. Let's just say that the city guards and the Inquisition frown upon such acts inside the city walls. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I want <i>Bill Shatner</i> to voice <i>Bill Shakespeare</i>! To.. BE.. OrNotBe! That.. is... TheQuestion, Spock!
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Spazmo</b>!

Jed

Cipher
Not fifteen minutes after I read this post do I sit down to watch the Simpsons, unaware that it's some sort of "Movie Friday" on my local UPN station, and what do I see? The atrocious "Voyage Home." In fact, the very part where Kirk and entourage have returned from the 20th Century, and have crash landed in the San Francisco Bay. Their Klingon Bird of Prey is sinking, and they release the whales into the bay; much deep water whale frolicing ensues.

Now I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for many things: warp drive, time travel, phasers, Vulcans, Klingons, beaming, and Kirk's toupee, but having lived in Oakland for the last five years I happen to know that the goddamned SF Bay is only about ten to fifteen feet deep! What kind of idiot do they take me for?

J

huh

Novice
not to put a damper, or anything, but doesn't having npcs like William Shaekspear, Leonardo Da Vinci, and so forth seem a bit on the cheesy side? are they going to act in-character? or, will they be more of a comic relief cast?

hehe, for some reason I remembered the final chapter in the BlackAdder seriers, where modern day Edmond goes back in time and runs across Sheakspear in a corridor.

then proceeds to kick and smack The Bard around for 'the thousands of hours of boredom of school children everywhere' and unfunny comedies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom