Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Brief Shadowguard preview at RPGVault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

Remember that DD Online Store service BioWare announced? Well, <A HREF="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target="_blank">RPG Vault</A> has taken a look at one of the modules that will be made availible when the store launches, Shadowguard. <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/563/563361p1.html>here's their preview.</a><blockquote>The setting and story are both rather nicely developed, especially within the naturally limited confines of a module. You play as the child of Okaris, the Magistrate of the imperial city of Ghaarak, which lies along the disputed northern frontier of the Sharakhan Empire. While studying at its Imperial Academy, from which you are about to graduate, you have somehow attracted the interest of the titular group, and you'll soon be drawn into mysterious circumstances involving some of its agents. Shadowguard makes use of an interesting ration-based rest system. It also features new music, and comes with a re-mastered version of Bartel's Witch's Wake 1.</blockquote>Hang on... you start in an academy? <i>Again?</i> I'm not trying to nitpick here, but geez.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Ha. I noticed that too.

Anyways, it's not being made by BIo though Bartel is helping. Still, weird stuff.

Damn academies. They should all be closed down.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Nothing wrong with Academies as long as it doesn't get attacked by unknown forces.

(IT'S THE NWN ORIGINAL CAMPAIGN ALL OVER AGAIN!)

No it's not.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Spaz said:
Hang on... you start in an academy? <i>Again?</i> I'm not trying to nitpick here, but geez.

You're also the child of someone with an important-sounding name who seems to hold a position of respect in that location. Bioware present an original tale again!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
As opposed to:

"You're an adventurer"

"You're a part of a prphecy"

"Your live was sapred for a mysterious reason"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DrattedTin

Liturgist
You know, I couldn't be happier. I was sort of worried that the new Bioware modules might not, you know, suck ass. I'm quite pleased that they *will*.

Then again, viewing this from the lenses of a module author who voraciously eyes his competition, probably distorts my viewpoint.

I'm sure the players out there will be less than pleased to learn that they've been assraped to the tune of 10 USD.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
Spaz said:
Hang on... you start in an academy? <i>Again?</i> I'm not trying to nitpick here, but geez.

You're also the child of someone with an important-sounding name who seems to hold a position of respect in that location. Bioware present an original tale again!

And who's name starts with a G. The horror!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Of course, once again, BIO didn't actually write the story technically. <>

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
As opposed to:

"You're an adventurer"

"You're a part of a prphecy"

"Your live was sapred for a mysterious reason"

No, as opposed to something that's preferably a tad less derivative. Of course, I'm not surprised you wouldn't understand that.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Of course, I'm not surprised you wouldn't understand that."

Stop trolling, troll.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Make me, or shut up, move on and deal with it."

Make me shut up, troll. You can start by cumming to 644 lakeshore Dr unit 36, north Bya, Ontario, Kanada. But, you won't as you are just a simple whine who cries over spilled milk.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
Make me shut up, troll.

Why would I want you to shut up? I don't want you to shut up. I actually like watching your waffle cluelessly on nearly every post you make.

On the other hand, you were the one that clearly displayed interest in me shuting up. As before, make me, or deal with it.

You can start by cumming to 644 lakeshore Dr unit 36, north Bya, Ontario, Kanada.

What a waste of good sperm that would be.

But, you won't as you are just a simple whine who cries over spilled milk.

And the funny thing is, you're the one that brings up past issues every chance you get, not me. R00fles!

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:
But, you won't as you are just a simple whine who cries over spilled milk.

What the hell are you talking about? You're the one who told him to "stop trolling" (i.e., "shut up, I don't know how to respond to your argument"). I don't see you boarding a plane to Portugal so I would suggest that you shut up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
A. I never told him to shut up.

B. He's the one who has decided to spam me everywhere when his whing. I was having a "civil" convo with others before he started crying again.

C. Why should I hunt him down when he's the one who's hounding me. Besdies, he won't give me his address which I most graciously did.

D. RP, you keep calling me stupid yet you had called me intelligent. It's one or the other.

"And the funny thing is, you're the one that brings up past issues every chance you get, not me."

Nope, you do. Afterall, how many time shave you posted "Volourn's arguments are always 'pants'? I mean, 'ants'? What the ehck? I didn't know mya rguments was a pantsa brand name. r00fles!

"No, as opposed to something that's preferably a tad less derivative. Of course, I'm not surprised you wouldn't understand that."

And, oh Spazmo, I wouldn't call the above much of an argument. It's not much of anything, really.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
He's the one who has decided to spam me everywhere when his whing.

So, where is this everywhere? Everywhere you walk? Everywhere you go? Everywhere you post? If you're implying the last, that's funny, because not only don't I spam, I also haven't addressed you in prety much every forum I spot you. I rarely address you here, at the Obsidian boards, and I don't even address you at all at Missy's Lair, at NMA, or at Atari... so where is this proof that I "spam" you "everywhere"? Other than inside your mind, that is?

I was having a "civil" convo with others before he started crying again.

I made a statement which you decided to react like a crybaby. Not my fault if you take everything I say personally. Your reaction is exclusively yours. If I decided to whine about something you said, whose fault would it be? Yours? No.

Why should I hunt him down when he's the one who's hounding me.

Again, show proof that I'm hounding you, otherwise apologize for your difamation and stop spreading your usual lies, myths and innuendos.

Besdies, he won't give me his address which I most graciously did.

That might have something to do with the fact that I'm not an attention-seeking twat.

D. RP, you keep calling me stupid yet you had called me intelligent. It's one or the other.

Intelligent people can act stupid. Some can act stupid enough to nullify past perceptions others had of them.

Nope, you do. Afterall, how many time shave you posted "Volourn's arguments are always 'pants'?

Unfortunately for you, not as many times as you posted I was actively hounding you, and flaming you, which you haven't proven yet.

I mean, 'ants'?

No, you mean pants.

I didn't know mya rguments was a pantsa brand name. r00fles!

Live and learn.

"No, as opposed to something that's preferably a tad less derivative. Of course, I'm not surprised you wouldn't understand that."

And, oh Spazmo, I wouldn't call the above much of an argument. It's not much of anything, really.

You think this is an attack, or rehashing old arguments? Son, I can whip up dozens of quotes from statements you've made in the past where you clealry didn't understood what people were telling you. Stating the above doesn't mean I'm trolling or chasing you around, it means you need to try to cover up your own failings by spouting false libel against people who call you for what you are.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
This is the attention your trolling deserves: R00fles!

And, now you decided to attack my father, and my mother when they have never attacked you. Nice. Very nice. I tend to avoid attacking peoples' parents on the 'net as its not them I'm discussing.

Attack me all youw ant. It's all fun and games. But, you should at least not attack those who have never attacked you.

Thank you on behalf of my parents who have done nothing wrong (well.. except my birth father was scum and my mother who had me, lol).

That is all until you learnt os tick to bashing me which is kewl and not bashing my parents.

Have fun.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
This is the attention your trolling deserves: R00fles!

Ah, I see. Everytime I ask you to back up anything you say, or call you on your dumbfuckery, I'm trolling. Whoa! That suddenly explains a lot.

And, now you decided to attack my father, and my mother when they have never attacked you. Nice. Very nice. I tend to avoid attacking peoples' parents on the 'net as its not them I'm discussing.

Attack me all youw ant. It's all fun and games. But, you should at least not attack those who have never attacked you.

Thank you on behalf of my parents who have done nothing wrong (well.. except my birth father was scum and my mother who had me, lol).

That is all until you learnt os tick to bashing me which is kewl and not bashing my parents.

...Just what the flying fuck are you smoking? You were the only one to bring up your parents in the conversation, dimwit.

Have fun.

I think we all just did. Thanks.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Son,"

You called me son therefore hinnting you were my father which means you had sex with my mother who in order to have done so must have cheated on my father therefore, in conclusion, one can only come to the fact you are highly delusional in besmirched my parents as my mother has never cheated on eitehr husband (either my father or step father) and my father is my father so please in the future do not go there.

Like I said, insult me all you want; but don't attack those who have not attacked you.

Thank you.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"He resorts to stretching things out of proportion."

You make it sound like it's the first time. :P

Maybe this will make people think twice when calling a total stanger "son" as some form of lame insult. Espicially, IIRC, I'm older than RP.

R00fles!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Son,"

You called me son therefore hinnting you were my father which means.....

I'm not surprised you'd resort to this kind of childish retardness to bail yourself out of owning up to your mistakes, but I'm surprised as to how you can call others trolls with a straight face after writing all this crap.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Then don't besmirch my parents by calling me your son when I am not. Thanks. We all know how some people take what theys ee on the 'ent as face value and I'd rather NOT ahve thsoe rumours start. Thank you.

It'll be worse than the 'Volourn is Female' rumour which I was blamed for when I wasn't the one who started it. I just have to officially deny to being your son or else people will think my non denial is confirmation of fact. :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yes, yes we did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom