Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Elder Scrolls Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>Bethesda's Matt Grandstaff managed to find the time to <a href="http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&amp;id=89" target="_blank">answer a few questions</a> to Planet ElderScrolls.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>After Morrowind and Oblivion were released, have you come across community content that has either blown you away or surprised you as a unique addition to the game?</strong><br /><br />Yeah, there are plenty of great mods out there that impress folks at our office. When I do "What we&rsquo;re playing" on Bethesda Blog, it's always interesting to see that some of our devs, like animator Gary Noonan, are always checking out the latest community mods.<br /><br />Off the top of my head, Skycaptain's Deadly Reflex mod is one that our team has taken a closer look at, as we've been implementing a more visceral combat system in TES V.<br /><br /><strong>As for Skyrim, can players expect to have similar encounters and battles with dragons to the face off played throughout the trailer? Will the dragons' behavior be the same?</strong><br /><br />Dragons do all of the things you see in the trailer: bite, breathe, crawl, crash land. And their actions are not scripted, so you never know when one might attack you, or what they're going to do when you fight them. I can't wait to see what modders do with them.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Dragon nude mods?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101883-the-elder-scrolls-interview.html">GB</a></p>

torpid

Liturgist
The recent Skyrim trailer shows off a vast array of unique environments. How large is the world of Skyrim compared to Oblivion in both size and feel? (Does it feel a lot larger than it actually is or vice versa?)

The map is comparable in size to Oblivion, but in some ways it feels bigger because of the large mountains you'll be traversing up and around. Terrain has a big impact on how big a space feels.

That's one improvement at least. Oblivion was almost twice as big as Morrowind but felt smaller. I approve of longer view distances, especially compared to Morrowind's exaggerated fogginess, but for some reason they decided a large part of Cyrodiil was to be a valley -- hey, I can see the Imperial City from every side of the valley, when are we leaving the suburbs? Oh wait, I'm already on the edge of the map.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Dragons do all of the things you see in the trailer: bite, breathe, crawl, crash land. And their actions are not scripted, so you never know when one might attack you, or what they're going to do when you fight them. I can't wait to see what modders do with them.

Well it seems they aren't being too lazy with the dragons. I'll wait and see.

Ladonna

Arcane
It doesn't matter how big it is if the level scaling system is still in(for loot and opponents).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
What were some of the cities and environments shown in the trailer? What importance do they have in the world?

Skyrim has five major cities and a bunch of smaller towns and villages, but in terms of specifics for these locations, we’re not yet getting into that yet. That being said, if you look at a map of Skyrim, you can make some assumptions about the various locales.
There goes one of my questions.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Oh, I bet that they're using the same bullshit style of "cloth map" that they used in Oblvion.
Fantastic.

Skyrim.jpg

adure

Liturgist
poocolator said:
Oh, I bet that they're using the same bullshit style of "cloth map" that they used in Oblvion.
Fantastic.

Skyrim.jpg

fuck yeah! google earth satellite view ist soo much bettuh!
fits much bettar in teh medieval setting!!!111

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Medival? Ah yes since oblivion with it's high fantasy castles and knights and now we have Dragons to boot. :D They shud add consumable virgins to :poop: the setting more. And BTW on old maps there was 8 not five mayor kingdoms/cities in Skyrim. :decline:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Commissar Draco said:
Medival? Ah yes since oblivion with it's high fantasy castles and knights and now we have Dragons to boot. :D

Yeah, that's right. Might as well have topographic charts and satellite systems as well. I mean, its fantasy lol everything goes. :roll:

God damn newfags.

Luzur

Good Sir
And BTW on old maps there was 8 not five mayor kingdoms/cities in Skyrim.

im getting that "its gonna be a cramped map" feeling again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom