Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community GarfunkeL needs your help BG1 fans!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Baldur's Gate

<p>Esteemed Codexian GarfunkeL is in desperate need of your help! <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=58499">He's trying to find a song</a>:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><span class="postbody">This one song has been stuck in my head now. It plays in BG1 when Xan talks with the protagonist and the fucking BG1NPC-mod doesn't list it, as it's "unknown", which is bullshit since it's used in several films - none of which I can recall at the moment. It sounds western-y, maybe with pan flutes or something, no words, very melodic - maybe something that Vangelis would do. It's quite slow too, slowly building up. <br /> <br /> I know this isn't much to go but maybe if the description brings up ideas, folks could list them here and I'll go through them. <br /> <br /> It's a bit similar to Conquest of Paradise but slower and more haunting. <br /> <br /> Edit: the beginning of Ennio Morricone - Duck You Sucker - Giu' La Testa, watch: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTTF_8Pyso&amp;feature=BFa&amp;list=PL3ACF6B4752885650&amp;index=54" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTTF_8Pyso&amp;feature=BFa&amp;list=PL3ACF6B4752885650&amp;index=54</a> <br /> is pretty similar, just replace the "whistling" with pan flute.</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span class="postbody">Can you help GarfunkeL? Are you able to save him from the pits of despair and give him the name of that tune - or will </span><span class="postbody">GarfunkeL never get his answer and be left to die in misery, possibly ending his own life due to the painful pain of unknowing?</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span class="postbody">GarfunkeL needs you Codex! Don't let him down in his time of need. His life is in your hands.<br /></span></p>

Mister Arkham

Scholar
You say that it plays when Xan talks to the PC. Are we talking about that first bit of conversation when you meet him in the Nashkel mines, or is it a recurring thing? I don't remember BG1 ever using specific musical cues to go with Party dialogue, but I could be wrong. It's been a long while since I played Baldur's Gate.

Divinity: Original Sin
well, I played about 2 years ago and I believe you want to know a music added by the BG1NPC mod, not those above which are from the original soundtrack. I see they have a list with the tracks and where they borrowed from.

They used the dying swan for dynaheir's romance dialogue, and yet it's one of the songs not listed in their aknowledgements.

I'm downloading the music pack right now, because I have to hear a music rather than a description, since it can lead you in a another direction.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
larpingdude17 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU

???

Why even suggest that - one of the most iconic pieces of movie music in history and one everyone is sure to recognize.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Hahaha, this is awesome, thanks DU!

It's not part of the official soundtrack, as it was added by the BG1NPC-mod and as stated, the fuckers didn't list it in the readme.

Not the Good, Bad and Ugly theme, either.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Friend GarfunkeL, most of the music from the BG1NPC mod and its ilk is sourced from iconic RPGs and movie trailer music (Two Steps From Hell; E. S. Posthumus etc).

Though Conan is not sure of the piece you are referring to, he would narrow his search to those.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
Argh, Conan thanks you Virtz. He was browsing the Kill Bill soundtrack, and he decided to check if anyone had found it. At least the Barbarian was on the right path...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
And this GarfunkeL's quest is resolved and Virtz earns 1,000 Kodek Kool Kredits.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Stalin said:
i shall play this song next time my dad milks my prostrate

What an intelligent reply. Are you 10 years old? :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom