Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 gameplay presentation

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen 2: Dark Waters

<p>Piranha Bytes gave a Risen 2 gameplay presentation during GamesCom - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSEvQccmCw">part 1</a>, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVZdXfB4PQY">part 2</a>. Those who let the ending credits of Risen roll to their end will have undoubtedly guessed that we start the game with Patty as our companion. We can also see the musket in action, as well the new inventory interface. In terms of graphics I'd say it looks on par with The Witcher 2. Hope its <em>Ambientsgespr&auml;che <span style="font-size: xx-small;">(can I make a single word like that?)</span> </em>will be half as good!</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</a></p>

curry

Arcane
Elwro said:
<p>Piranha Bytes gave a Risen 2 gameplay presentation during GamesCom - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSEvQccmCw">part 1</a>, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVZdXfB4PQY">part 2</a>. Those who let the ending credits of Risen roll to their end will have undoubtedly guessed that we start the game with Patty as our companion. We can also see the musket in action, as well the new inventory interface. In terms of graphics I'd say it looks on par with The Witcher 2. Hope its <em>Ambientsgespräche <span style="font-size: xx-small;">(can I make a single word like that?)</span> </em>will be half as good!</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</a></p>

Too bad, The Witcher 2 looked like shit.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
There are many valid accusations which could be thrown at TW2, but shitty graphics? Seriously? How on Earth?

Gord

Arcane
Elwro said:
There are many valid accusations which could be thrown at TW2, but shitty graphics? Seriously? How on Earth?

You seem to forget where you are.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Looks like a great game. Too bad, that due to the forced Steam requirement, I'd have no other choice, but torrent it :cry:

Phelot

Arcane
Does anyone know what the nazi in the video is saying?

The game itself looks a lot like Risen 1 which is a very good thing.

Ugh... Looks like they consolized the inventory?

FatCat

Educated
Looks quite good , but i am so fucking tired of tropical environment.

Elwro said:
I'd say it looks on par with The Witcher 2

mczuid.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gordon Freeman said:
Looks like a great game. Too bad, that I'm gonna pirate this, because I'd rather pay for a whore than support great developer

fix'd

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
curry said:
Too bad, The Witcher 2 looked like shit.
Gord said:
You seem to forget where you are.
here's an idea... let's delete all 2011 accounts, ban half the 2010 people and close registrations.......

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looks nice. One of the very few games I'm genuinely looking forward to. I just hope they don't fuck up the open world/free exploration aspect.

looks like shit. like every gothics game. my hate towards gothics would be much smaller if they were not so popular in potato land. every single piranha bytes title has retarded animations, storyline written by 14years old retard, shitty dialogues and tones of fucking fetch quest. why those games are so praised by potatoes? i mean i understand they popularity in germany, that nation was raped in 1945 by mongols....but still :x

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
because they are excellent sandbox+exploration rpgs, and the story is unobtrusive, which is much better than trying to make a grand awsome epic story and failing due to shit writes, like, say dao does. plus they have the whole non-lethal melee gimmick going on, which is pretty fucking awesome in a genre dominated by shopkeepers charging into their sure death for you trying to steal an apple worth 50 cents.

bat_boro

Arcane
meanwhileInPoland said:
looks like shit. like every gothics game. my hate towards gothics would be much smaller if they were not so popular in potato land. every single piranha bytes title has retarded animations, storyline written by 14years old retard, shitty dialogues and tones of fucking fetch quest. why those games are so praised by potatoes? i mean i understand they popularity in germany, that nation was raped in 1945 by mongols....but still :x

Whoa, u r so dark and grimm and edgy and stuff - why not go jump on a razor?
Retard

MCA
Sword combat looks shit as usual. They had something decent going in G1 and G2 and then they let it slip. Likewise with climbing.

Oh fuck this shit fucking depressive. When Assassin's Creed series feel so much better at many things than these RPGs that are supposed to be great news, you know future is pretty fucking bleak.

kaizoku

Arcane
Elwro said:
I bet Hitler also said he had no other choice
Did he?
DID HE?!!!! :x

About the game:
- a magic musket grew on his back!
- wild boar is shot, it runs around avoiding hitting the girl, only to stop in front of the musket again?
- a magic sword grew on his hip!
+ thumbs up for undercover
- at the end of the 1st video there was a fight but his buddies didn't help?

I'm not saying the game is bad, or good. Understanding the superior language would have helped here.
Will have to wait and see.

bat_boro said:
meanwhileInPoland said:

Whoa, u r so dark and grimm and edgy and stuff - why not go jump on a razor?
Retard

no i am just sayin that animations, dialogues, storyline and quests suck in piranha bytes games. thats all :smug: the rest is playable :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom