Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review Seal of Evil Reviewed

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Object Software; Seal of Evil

We've all been waiting for the next fun RPG to load up and play to our hearts content on our computers. Needless to say, it has been a long time coming. In my hands, I hold a copy of Object Software's latest foray into the RPG genre, Seal of Evil. Does Seal of Evil fulfill the role of the much needed boost of life to a currently lifeless RPG playfield? Read on and find out.

Fez

Erudite
A good read. I was leaning towards getting this, and the review has pretty much confirmed it. It might be linear, but it should be fun. The bad voice acting forcing us to use subtitles isn't a problem either, I don't think a RPG needs full voice acting to be good.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I didn't like the demo. It focused on combat too much. I know most demos do, but I didn't like the combat either. So, I would probably get very bored playing it.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Fez said:
I don't think a RPG needs full voice acting to be good.

I agree. I don't mind reading. Heck, even when they have voice acting, I usually read the text anyways. And I so love having subtitles in any cinematics. Games that allow for that usually get a bonus point from me.

Fez

Erudite
Another bonus with subtitles is that you don't need to worry about bad sound balance where the background noise or music overpowers the voices and you miss important information. That, and the fact you don't have to worry about bad acting, your inner voice can sound however you want.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Are you fucking kidding me?! :shock: I NEVER listen to my inner voice. He tells me things I don't like hearing and tries to make me do things I don't wanna do. :cry:

Fez

Erudite
*Whisper* They are laughing at you again Otaku, teach them all a lesson, kill them all...WITH DEATH. :twisted:

On the Prince of Qin/ Seal of Evil note, you really should at least try the demo if you are reluctant to get it, though it is very cheap now. The RPG landscape is so barren right now that this is like finding a an ice cream truck in the middle.

hamsterdance

Novice
Where can I get this game? I went to Best Buy and CompUSA and couldn't find it. Gamestop.com doesn't list it either when I put it in their search engine.

Leo Valesko

Novice
A little bit late reply here. Yeah, I liked the game and I’m happy to see it was reviewed it that matter because many people claims it has nothing worth seeing at all. But don’t get too exited – graphics in game not that great (although it certainly not terrible) and combat is just another Diablo-clone.

Yet interesting characters and plot boosts gameplay and if you fond of ancient China – you’ll like it.

jorgamesh

Novice
I have just purchased both Prince of Qin and Seal of Evil. Should I play the games in the order they were released or should I start with Seal of Evil?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom