Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What's with the name by the way? :lol:

Reading your description I was expecting some extreme krav maga game or something.

J1M

Arcane
Perhaps you should expand your horizons beyond the land of the rising sun. Then you wouldn't have to settle for such shitty games and call them good.

Cynic

Arcane
Played the demo. Do not want. Pretty visuals but the character models are beyond shit. Platforming areas are boring and uninspired and the combat is tedious/repetitive, offers no sense of challenge like DMC or Onimusha. For this kind of action, no one should even try to touch Capcom.

desocupado

Magister
So, which console does this one comes out?

Or will it come out for the pc too?

Drakron

Arcane
desocupado said:
So, which console does this one comes out?

Or will it come out for the pc too?

You do not want to play this ... thing, its one of those "art game", it have "visuals" but that is it.

Its Devil May Cry but lacking EVERYTHING that made DMC good, its just long boring TEDIOUS combat with the exact same 4 type of enemies (did I mention there only 3 weapons in the game).

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
Excidium said:
What's with the name by the way? :lol:

El Shaddai is one of the hebrew names of God, and is usually believed to mean something along the lines of omnipotent god or almighty god. In some cases, however, is simply translated as almighty.

The game is basicaly a very free interpretation of The book of Enoch, including stuff from, and references to, other hebrew and kabbalistic sources.

It's pretty cool if you like those stuffies. The art is pretty cool, and I like the way in which many of the characters are represented. I had quite a lot of fun trying it out in the house of a friend who has the japanese version, but your mileage may vary if you don't enjoy the themes and references and stuffies as much as we did.

And there seems to be a somewhat weird subtext in the game, that had already been hinted out in one of the old trailers, in which Enoch is kind of represented as being one of the aspects of God itself and not, like, Enoch. I hope that keeps up for the entire game, is kind of awesome and many laughs were had with it.

Oesophagus

Arcane
From the vid the gameplay looks really weak, but yeah, the art direction is impressive. Then again, this is an ambitious japanese game, so it would be

ortucis

Prophet
Sooo.. what exactly is the environment/level design telling the player about the world/story/character?

Just curious.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You hate every game produced within 6 years except Valkyria Chronicles?

Jesus christ, I thought the Codex in general had specific tastes but that's some crazy shit right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom