Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Sacred Underworld Previewed in German

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred Underworld

Two German online magazines, <a href=http://www.krawall.de/artikel.php?s=4e6a1f291324e0684e6f2ae3c1157707&artikel_id=13693>Krawall</a>, and <a href=http://gamesweb.com/artikel/index.php?id=475>Gamesweb</a> have published their previews of the expansion pack to Ascaron's Sacred, a dungeon hacker that we liked at the Codex. If anyone speaks German, please feel free to help us translate the two previews.
<br>
<br>
Even if you can't read them, there's plenty of new eyecandy to see, with screenshots of Underworld's new classes, the Dwarf and the Succubus. The Dwarf looks like an engineer, and from the looks of it, he uses equipment like flamethrowers and guns.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a>

Jed

Cipher
What was the consensus on Sacred? I thought people here weren't that impressed, if memory serves. I remember trying the demo and not being too enthused, but it's been a long time. Either way, the new screens do look cool--especially the dwarf! I thought the Succubus was already in the orginal game...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Never liked the click and slay gameplay. If you liked diablo 2, sacred plus is quite cool it seems (according to my housemate at least, he digs those games...kult seems fun as well)

Halenthal

Liturgist
Sacred started out buggy as hell but has had a bunch of patches that have fixed most of the worst ones-unfortunately the network code is still a bit odd at times. Other than that, though, if you like Diablo 2 then you'll like Sacred. There's already been one free expansion released (*cough*another patch but also added some content and called an expansion*cough*) though Underworld won't be free.

Unfortunately I don't speak German and there hasn't been an English review or preview of Underworld yet, so there's not a lot that I can add at this point other than work on it is still progressing.

While I have a pretty close relationship with Ascaron, at this point I'm just going to wait and see how the release version of Underworld does before saying anything good or bad about it. If it's anything close to what Sacred's original release was like, I'm going to pull my hair out, but hopefully Ascaron's learned not to unleash buggy software on the world outside of Germany-inside of Germany, hell yeah let'em have it, they can beta test it for the rest of us.

Avé

Liturgist
Halenthal said:
While I have a pretty close relationship with Ascaron, at this point I'm just going to wait and see how the release version of Underworld does before saying anything good or bad about it. If it's anything close to what Sacred's original release was like, I'm going to pull my hair out, but hopefully Ascaron's learned not to unleash buggy software on the world outside of Germany-inside of Germany, hell yeah let'em have it, they can beta test it for the rest of us.
Since you're an admin over there, can you find out if the no-cd patch that ascaron supposedly send out, exists?

I e-mailed support 4 times, first time apparently they didnt get it :roll:
Second time Mirko didnt even read it before replying "Disable daemon tools and other cd emulation software", and third & fourth times received no reply after 2 weeks.

It's really quite annoying not being able to play the game, for no reason other then the copy protection doesnt work with some newer disk drives & SP2, especially being told that Ascaron CAN and DO sort this out via e-mail, something I can attest to being false, and reading others on this forum, they can attest to being false.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom