Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Dragon Commander Info

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Larian Studios

<p>There's some sort of <a href="http://gamestar.ru/article/1794.html">interview</a> available on Gamestar.ru about Larian's next title Dragon Commander. With a bit of luck you can extract some info despite the creative translation to english.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>- And what about new units? Will they be available by improving technologies?</strong></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>- So it&rsquo;s the cool part, where the RPG part becomes so cool, because we have romance, faction relations, political stuff going on and a lot of these gonna be connected with units. If you going to be closer to undead, who are king of religious fundamentalists in the game you will get access to new necromantic magic and if you going to have relations with imps, who are mad scientists and are more liberal, you will be able to use all branch of &nbsp;hi-tech stuff: maby fragile, maby with tendency to explode, but still very powerful. Units will be unlocked not only by making investments, researches, but also according to the choices that you make.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>Thanks to Black</em></p>

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The characters are extremely realistic developed, much better than in the previous games, of course we have to finalize it but we will have much more choices and consequences than other RPG ever in this game.
Whoa slow down there Swen, let's not get carried away.

Am cautiously curious about this suspiciously ambitious project.

However:
- Dragons. Techno-dragons, even.
- Romance.
- Based on Divinity 2.
- Design is kinda jRPGishly over-the-top.

But eh, too early to tell its level of bad. Will wait and see.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Sounds p. cool, I have faith in Larian, they're the kind of developer that cares more about making a game that is simply fun.

Bulba

Learned
Sounds interesting. They want their game to be a bit of everything, hopefully they have learned the lesson of elemental.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Dragons? Again?
oh for fuck's sake...
:idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore:

MisterStone

Arcane
Will there be a technoviking faction whose primary goal is to slay the technodragons?

Kotep

Novice
Larian recently did a Q&A on the Dragon Commander Facebook page that I figure you guys would be interested in.

Q: Could we have more info about the RPG part (story-wise)?

They key-phrase here is going to be - "real decisions".

Every character you'll encounter has a detailed branching storyline & character arc, and the choices you make are going to have big impact on them. I realize that the phrase "choice & consequence" has been over-abused by PR & marketing departments when it comes to RPG's, but in Dragon Commander we have the perfect opportunity to confront you with many moral, ethical, political & personal interesting situations, and we'll exploit that. The extent to which this goes will only be visible once gameplay footage is being shown of that, so you'll have to be a bit more patient before you can fully appreciate how the entire choice/consequence game will pan out.

I believe one of the images that was already released here on Facebook showed you part of a flowchart ? Well, that flowchart shows all the fundamental decisions you could make around one character, and there's plenty of these flowcharts.

Other highlights were a good tactical camera mode and a new non-Gamebryo engine. The downside? They're not sure if you'll be able to play a lesbian dragon. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHOICESSSS

I have no reason to distrust him yet, so am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sounds like it could be a really good game. Awaiting more solid info

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Benefit of the doubt from me too. I'm a bit worried about all this "Dragons, dragons everywhere!" they keep going on about, like they're overemphasizing some part of the game to distract attention from somewhere else. Also Bioware-syndrome might be creeping in with all this romancefaggotry. But let's see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom