Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7 Days to Die- Codex Game/Server?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
EDIT- I started a server
IP: 207.244.83.12
Port: 25000

Village Of the Damned PVE CO-OP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is all playing this?

Last night I picked up 7 days to die and its scary as Hell. Still in early access but 'seems' to be fairly well complete outside of a few bugs.

Anyhow, this isnt a review or anything because im too tired to even write much after staying up until past sunrise playing this shit... We need to get some codexians together, pick a server and team up to build a base and wreak havok. Honestly this game is too damn scary for a lone penguin to play by himself and the tension gets stressful after a long play session with no allies and parnoia about everything/everyone.

Who's playing? Who wants to group up? Is there a codex Steam group (yeah, Steam sucks but its where I buy early access multiplayer games so...)

EDIT- To answer the question many will ask (I asked this as well)if you havnt played- NO.Not a Day Z clone. This is what day Z should have been. I have Day Z as well and tbh it sucks imho. I was leery about buying this after already owning and never playing Day Z... This game has been available for only a short time compared to day Z's perpetual development and already has a million more things to do- Plus its voxel based and you can build and create some amazing bases (which are attacked) and get creative as hell...This is Minecraft plus Night Of the Living Dead plus a persistent world survival game like haven and hearth or something.

Also note- Everything has been updated to untiy 5 now and looks great with maxed graphics. Plus more has been added since this video but this gives an idea of how cool the bases are you can build.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It's a p. cool game, even if it's still in alpha state (fully playable but with each major alpha revision, you have to restart a new world pretty much). I already play with RL bros, but I wouldn't mind checking out a Codex server too if someone wants to make one.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
It's a p. cool game, even if it's still in alpha state (fully playable but with each major alpha revision, you have to restart a new world pretty much). I already play with RL bros, but I wouldn't mind checking out a Codex server too if someone wants to make one.
I'm not that technically inclined but I am pretty sure my computer is powerful enough to run a server (*its an Alienware for what its worth) or if we find enough people we can just crash a persistent server somewhere.

I dont think you lose progress after update anymore because there was just the big update last week and on my wanderings I have come across some massive bases that I cannot see someone building with the little bit of time since the last update.

My IRL friends and tabletop and console gamers. I need friends like yours.

Anyhow, Im going tojump into a game and have the hell scared out of me for a bit. My steam ID is SaintPhillip (because im saintly like that) if anyone wants to friend me and join up. I will also check this thread.

Does anyone know what it costs to rent a persistent server? ballpark?

Thanks.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Bump?

I'm surprised nobody is playing this , really. This game is...Fantastic. I cannot believe this is an alpha. There are bugs but not nearly enough to cause too many headaches. It is unfinished but has far more to do than many/most finished games. The sandbox nature of the game, the base building, the ambiance and the fear this game can give you is second to none.

Anyone? Hell,I would be down for hosting a PVE multiplayer game with a few people once or twice a week even. We could ramp the difficulty up to insane and see if we can survive.

EDIT-This game is fun in single player but a bit too stressful- Would be far more enjoyable raiding towns and defending bases with some help. I tried a PVE persistent server but they are way farther into the game and I would like to start on day 1 and play through.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
So, my buddy and I joined a persistent server and created a village where about 10 people moved into- It was awesome... But the server was running a bunch of mods and kept crashing and we kept losing work. Finally,I said "Fuck it" and have rented a server.

I dont have the details yet but will post them here once everything is set up (hopefully by this evening)

The idea is this: This will be a hardcore PVE server with no friendly fire. We are wanting to establish a core group to make a community village although lone wolves are welcome to play as well. Right now there will be 3-4 of us from our previous village moving over to the new server to get things going again . There will be no teleport mods, zcoin mods, mods that really are cheats like all the PVE servers seem to have.

Right now I just got a 12 slot server (only 12 can play at one time but as many can join as want to) and if it takes off I will upgrade to wherever we need it- I know max seems to be 128 and I know we will never need anything that big but even so,its less money than I figured it would be so...

I have a ton of irl shit goingon right now but once the server is going I will update this thread with info if anyone wants to play.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Okay, server is finally set up . I ended up renting 2 servers since the first one had issues and support (supposedly there is support 24/7) didnt get back with me for 2 days so I used one of their competitors this morning and we are up and running.

IP: 207.244.83.12
Port: 25000
Village Of the Damned PVE CO-OP

As I said, this will be a PVE server with the focus on making a community village to mutually defend and cooperate on building. People who want to play solo are also welcome though . The basic idea is to have enough people on enough timezones that there should always be someone on to play with and they will mainly be in a village in a location close to hub city.

Anyhow,hope you guys check it out. If enough people start playing on it I will upgrade it to whatever we need.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
GTA V has devoured my spare time for now, and A11 is kinda annoying to play with the lowered run speed (guess they were supposed to add the minibike with it, originally) but hope you find some people. 12 slots is a decent size actually since soon after 20 or so the code inefficiencies start to kick in no matter what kind of hardware/bandwidth you're using - it just becomes an unplayable mess for everyone. And you can always make a thread on the official forums, just grab a server application template from somewhere, filling those always weeds out the most obvious retards.

Don Peste

Arcane
I'm surprised nobody is playing this , really. This game is...Fantastic.
Aren't you a bit too much of a fanboy advertising plant?
I guess I wouldn't say the game is bad, but it's not really that great at all. Actually it's just one more Early Access multiplayer survival horror title (With small bits of Minecraft, of course).
It's an ugly game. Specially the sound design. I don't want to say bad things about whoever is in charge of that, he might be hearing impaired, but... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom