Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trailer Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate; Beamdog

Overhaul Games have released a trailer for their Baldur's Gate: Cashgrab Enhanced Edition.

There's also a collection of screenshots. The game is to be released on November 28th, exclusively from Beamdog. The Windows version is already available for "pre-loading".

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Whoever buys this and doesn't own an iPad is a giant asshole, seriously. If you have too much money left, just give it to me.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Whoever buys this and doesn't own an iPad is a giant asshole, seriously. If you have too much money left, just give it to me.
Are you aware that your posts implies that giving money to Trent to play Baldur's Gate:EE on a bloody iPad is ok?

Well, since there is no other way to play it on iPad those who think they must play it on their shitty Tablets have no other way but buying it. I don't understand it either, but it is more acceptable than buying it and then playing it on PC. I rage just by thinking about it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And what are the actual enhancements?
Some additional content, bugfixes, but most importantly:
Bringing the Infinity Engine to the year 2012, code cleanup, cross-platform, adding proper multiplayer, better modding support, etc. I see that as a huge improvement and possible boost for the modding scene, which already did some great stuff with the modding horror that was the original IE.

You can actually ignore the Codex bitching this time. People here don't get that this is far more than just some added content and an iPad version. Well, not everyone can be a developer.
The price really is too much, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:killit:

A 14 year old game's modding scene is not going to receive a "boost" because of a cashgrab rerelease. At best you'll have a few stalwarts releasing BGEE-compatible editions of their already existing mods.

catfood

AGAIN
I don't get the bitching about this thing. I for one will not physically remove this form an inventory and probably have fun trying out the new bromances features.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
So what's that fourth button in the bottom right? The one that's not zoom or select all or party AI or whateverthefuck.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's just me or the color scheme of the new GUI doesn't feel like an improvement?
It looks worse. The textures are stone-like but the color is... blue?
I mean, it doesn't have to be gray and boring, but this shade of blue is wrong. The borders are way too distinct as well.

They should have moved the text window to the bottom left of the center-bottom area, and have formations and skill buttons and stuff to the right of it.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Poor Trent, he might've even gotten a reasonably warm reaction out of the Codex in a world without kickstarter. Now he wears the robes of the pitiful cashgrabber jew he really is.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A 14 year old game's modding scene is not going to receive a "boost" because of a cashgrab rerelease. At best you'll have a few stalwarts releasing BGEE-compatible editions of their already existing mods.
Depending on how much they actually improved the modability, you may very well be completely wrong.
First of all, BG 1 is 14 years old. BG:EE is not. It may have the same content (+ some bonus), but the engine itself is more fresh than you allow yourself to admit. It is the only explanation for being able to bring a 13 year old engine to a different platform. Trust me, there is a shitload more to such a thing than replacing some DirectX calls with OpenGL calls...
And if it does turn out that modding is now far easier, then, yes, we will see more than rereleases of already existing mods.
More of that will come once the EE is done for the complete series, though.
Of course, if it turns out not too much has happened for modding, you may be right.

Yes, BG series were crying for proper multiplayer.
Have you ever tried playing the BG series with some friends over LAN? I did, and it was glorious and incredibly funny. But LAN was the only way to actually make it work, and still it was "a bit" buggy. I tried with Gamespy back then, but it was a mess. Now I hope it will at least be somehow along the lines of the NWN multiplayer stuff, though probably not that user-content friendly. But who knows, we'll see.

It's just me or the color scheme of the new GUI doesn't feel like an improvement?
Uhm.. actually... yeah. I had really expected more than those minor changes. That complete left bar could have been removed.
UI still wastes far too much space. As ugly and sterile as the NWN interfaces look, they at least don't clutter the screen.

waywardOne

Arcane
They turned 'Comment Approval' off. They should've just disallowed all comments. The comments there are definitely trending towards :incline:. Today, I am proud of the Internets.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The only new mods we will get are from the new biowarian audience adding hundreds of romanceable NPCs, naked patchs, and probably a "play as Shepard/Hawke" mod.

No, thank you.

waywardOne

Arcane
Since corporations are people, I propose

(a) we incorporate the Codex
(b) purchase one copy of BGEE
(c) deploy it one shareholder at a time

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Have you ever tried playing the BG series with some friends over LAN?

Why would I do that? It's a single player RPG, not an MMO. You can rejoice as now you can grab your Ipad and play with your friends over 4g or whatever.

Vault Dweller should do a review when the game hits the shelves.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Why would I do that? It's a single player RPG, not an MMO.
:retarded:
Yes... and there's nothing in between. There's only black and white, right? Good an evil.
Why would anyone want to play a party-based RPG with friends? I mean, that's ridiculous! The game's main focus is clearly single player, and the included multiplayer mode was probably just an accident. Nobody would ever want to play that with his friends. Right? Right.

Take a look outside the window. You will see people out there. Now look closer. You will notice they are different from each other. Who knows, some amongst them might even want to play games with a good single player together with some people. You know... like NWN, NWN2, IWD, Borderlands, Command&Conquer, Age Of Wonders, etc.
Seriously, where the heck are you from?
Oh. Okay... let me guess, one of those areas where you actually don't see people when you look outside the window? It's okay, I feel with you. I was that isolated from civilization, too, before I entered the USS Glory Of Berlin.

You can rejoice as now you can grab your Ipad and play with your friends over 4g or whatever.
Pleeeease, what would I want with overpriced Apple products? Only Android here, or Windows, or Linux. Well, okay, I might get one once I develop something for it. You can make money developing for Apple crap.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Why would I do that? It's a single player RPG, not an MMO.

Why would anyone want to play a party-based RPG with friends? I mean, that's ridiculous! The game's main focus is clearly single player, and the included multiplayer mode was probably just an accident. Nobody would ever want to play that with his friends. Right? Right.

Well it is a singleplayer game. I do think that this mp makes sense if it let's the moders create their own towns adventures and etc. as in vanilla BG PC is the central figure. But then it would be like D&D MMO.

Take a look outside the window. You will see people out there. Now look closer. You will notice they are different from each other. Who knows, some amongst them might even want to play games with a good single player together with some people. You know... like NWN, NWN2, IWD, Borderlands, Command&Conquer, Age Of Wonders, etc.
Seriously, where the heck are you from?

I do know that different people exist, but all of those great single player experiences are debatable except for IWD. Anyway, some lame ass multiplayer will not improve my game experience.
Oh. Okay... let me guess, one of those areas where you actually don't see people when you look outside the window? It's okay, I feel with you. I was that isolated from civilization, too, before I entered the USS Glory Of Berlin.

No it's the Treblinka kind of shower. It is good that you Germans still keep them alive.

You can rejoice as now you can grab your Ipad and play with your friends over 4g or whatever.
Pleeeease, what would I want with overpriced Apple products? Only Android here, or Windows, or Linux. Well, okay, I might get one once I develop something for it. You can make money developing for Apple crap.

Android is garbage compare to apple, there is nothing to compare. Yes their products are overpriced, because nothing comes close to them in being so intuitive and well built. You don't need a manual with Iproducts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom