Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Legends of Eisenwald Video Preview at Pixabyte

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

The folks at Pixabyte have done a video preview of Aterdux Entertainment's strategy/RPG Legends of Eisenwald. Check it out if you want to see the beta in action:

Apart from that, there is also a week-old gameplay trailer if you haven't seen it yet.

And don't forget that the game is on Steam Greenlight, seeking your support.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Yes, very good. Add hints and info when you drag the mouse over different icons (showing stats/what it do etc.). It would help a LOT. I am also extremely happy to know that you guys are adding proper long campaign and not just short scenarios.
Also, would be good to actually have some additional options in the castles:

1) healing should take place there if you are leaving unit there
2) maybe VERY slow influx of the lowest tier units to your castle?
3) some upgrades would be nice (not too much - so it will not turn into another HoMM)

Also, balance those "give me 10gold to cross our lands" from the enemies/ally/neutral army protectors. It was striking in the video that a guy came and ask for some gold in order to cross the land and immediately afterwards a Lord of this lands came saying "well met my friend".

I mean, it is reasonable that they wanted to earn some coins, but it would be annoying if it happens ALL the times with all the parties protecting lands.

Bear in mind thoug that I just tried it for an hour or so, so I may have not grasped the mechanics.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
mikaelis, these are good questions and suggestions. Of course, hints will be added, we working on finishing a basic version of hints for our patch at this very moment.

And of course, long campaign is the most fun, we are working on it at the moment, several maps are ready, others are being built...

Regarding 1) and 2) we have thought about this, and we don't know if we make it or not. We are planning to do some castle upgrades in an expansion pack, and that was also one of the stretch goals during Kickstarter campaign we didn't get to. So for now, it's up in the air...

Those give me 10 gold happen only once, and then only if you on purpose run into them. This is a feature of this particular scenario, we won't abuse it :)

Repressed Homosexual
I received an e-mail saying I can now access the early beta. What the hell, Desura already knew my account name even though I didn't link it when supporting the Legends of Eisenwald Kickstarter!

Modron

Arcane
I received an e-mail saying I can now access the early beta. What the hell, Desura already knew my account name even though I didn't link it when supporting the Legends of Eisenwald Kickstarter!

I just registered a desura account today so I can say without a doubt that this is the result of you supplying the kickstarter with the same email address as your desura account is tied to.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Tried out the beta, just a few notes:

* Tooltips for all the stats, items etc is needed. But i guess you guys already know that ;)
* More information on what's going on during the battle, information about dmg dealt from whom to whom etc.
* Game crashed when i tabbed out (just fyi)
* Had a bug when i loaded the game, there was a duplicate of my "party" standing still outside Bogs End. They did nothing though and you could not click on them.
* Some texts in the game needs some polishing, nothing major though.

Anyways, really loking forward to the release! :)

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
RedScum - yup, we know most of it :) Tabbing out is a guaranteed crash for now, will fix it. Duplicate I discovered recently too...But texts - can you say something more specific? This time around we put quite a bit of effort into translation and proof-reading... I have yet to hear specific details about what things don't quite work...

mikaelis, it's mainly because of the gameplay constraints, it's relatively easy to implement I think. I personally like this, but we still have arguments about it :)

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I cant think anything specific right now, but i'll look into it when i'll start it up next time :) It was nothing major, it was just some things i noticed.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
RedScum, thanks! We fixed already quite a few things in the dialogues - but most was because of technical tags being out of place etc. So, waiting for some specifics then, thanks!

And by the way, the guys who did preview are from Pixabyte, not Pixelbyte :) Crooked Bee - would you please change it?

eklektyk

Erudite
now this looks really sexy ...mhmm...

btw one dialog snafu is in da video when dude browse them dialogs in da tawern M:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom