Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence February Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

This month's Age of Decadence update is up, and it contains some great news for those of you who have pre-ordered the game. Check it out:

Another month is almost over. Nick’s working on performance-related issues and loading time, Oscar’s playing with Maadoran, I’m doing Ganezzar and polishing (yes, it means rewriting until I’m happy) religion related quests. Religion is an important matter and should be done in a proper, believable, philosophical manner. Plus, scheming if you're highjacking it. If you manage to pull it off, it should feel like an accomplishment. Not having high skills and clicking on the best lines.​

Anyway, I’m very happy that all three cities have a very distinctive and unique atmosphere. Different people, different problems, different goals, and yet they are all connected and fit together. Maadoran’s my favorite so far (way, way better than Teron) and you won’t have to wait til the end of the year to play it. When we’re done with it, Maadoran and the related locations (the mountain pass, the tomb, the Ordu encampment, etc) will be released to everyone who pre-ordered the game.

Why? Well, to say thanks and give you guys something to enjoy while you're waiting so patiently, but most importantly to get some feedback and have an opportunity to tweak it and expand, should it be necessary.​

Ivan made a nice wasteland creature and the animations are pretty cool. I asked for a lot less, but he surprised us all. Exploring old ruins has gotten a lot more exciting.​

Awesome. If you haven't pre-ordered yet, you can do so here.

The update also includes a new collection of dialogue screenshots. This particular set showcases an encounter with a powerful matriarch of Maadoran.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Pre-order exclusive Maadoran demo, huh? ITS confirmed for killing video games. Will proudly torrent.

Silellak

Cipher
Pre-order exclusive Maadoran demo, huh? ITS confirmed for killing video games. Will proudly torrent.
Shhhh. Adults are talking.

JoffreySlapped.gif

Lumpy

Arcane
I probably won't bother with this until the full game comes out anyway, but it's good news I guess.

EG

Nullified

Regdar

Arcane
Now that AoD's been "greenlighted", don't they have some kind of theoretical deadline for when the game has to be released? Just wondering.

Also, way to treat current patrons by letting them beta test and spoil for themselves what is apparently one of the most quest-heavy locations in the game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Also, way to treat current patrons by letting them beta test and spoil for themselves what is apparently one of the most quest-heavy locations in the game.
?

The second city and its satellite locations will be beta tested first by the existing team of testers who are willing to help. Once the testing and tweaked are done, we can either sit on it until the game is ready or offer it to people who supported us. I think it's a good idea, especially since nobody is forced to download and play it.

Lumpy

Arcane
?

The second city and its satellite locations will be beta tested first by the existing team of testers who are willing to help. Once the testing and tweaked are done, we can either sit on it until the game is ready or offer it to people who supported us. I think it's a good idea, especially since nobody is forced to download and play it.
That isn't necessarily the case. It could well be that the game is much more enjoyable if played from start to finish in one go, rather than in bits released every couple of months. It could further be that the fans are nonetheless weak-willed, and will play every bit as soon as it's out, even though they diminish their overall enjoyment in the process.

It's well possible that those two things don't hold in this particular case, but I'm just saying.

quasimodo

Augur
I like what I've seen of AoD very much, and I pre-ordered the game , but I'll pass on any more demos. I don't even read VD's ITS forum posts because of spoilers. I'll wait for Thursday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom