Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me. There absolutely needs to be a major game museum (I believe several already exist, but neither comprehensive enough nor much more than exercises in fan service) and someone needs to get in now to manipulate it away from mainstream popularity-driven BS and towards a truly discerning, knowledgeable and sophisticated understanding of games.

* MobyGames is rather comprehensive and it might not be perfect but you'll still have trouble competing with that.

* I'm not sure Brazil is the right place to start it. Might be limiting.

* Plenty of Codexers with important game heritage material, but you're going to need money and lots of it

* Ask Cleve for some starter material, and keep an eye on the SirTech thread.

* Steven Dengler is who you need, also.

http://www.dracogen.com/

I don't trust Warren's judgement in the slightest.

And reading that article it seems it's all just talk; him telling other people to do what he should be doing himself

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hey bros :thumbsup:

A couple of months ago I was trying to see if I could find somewhere on the internet a complete list of all games released here in Brazil by a magazine that usually came with 2 CDs - a full game in one, and 20~25 demos in the other. They used to have an all around very good taste and brought up some excellent titles to release around here, like Fallout 2, Myth, Blood, Twinsen's Odyssey and so on. To my disappointment though, this list simply wasn't available anywhere. I kinda forgot about this matter for a while, until the day I gathered up enough patience and started doing it myself, researching issue by issue in many different sites and ebay-likes to search for every single full game and demo they've released. After some days, the list was finally complete.
1468515-29YG4SR.jpg

That's how I got into RPGs. I remember buying that one, Caesar III, Silver, Septerra Core, Crusaders of Might and Magic, Hidden and Dangerous, Abe's Exoddus, Twinsey, Deus Ex and Outcast too. :salute:

Where is the list, by the way? I've always been curious on issues that I missed from the time. I know I missed on Soul Reaver.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wish I would of known of this a few months ago but I've been thinning out my collection lately. Need that KS money plus I've been collecting a lot of Tolkien stuff (History of Middle-Earth, some rare 1st/1st books, MERP, etc.). Luzur might be one to contact.

hmm? yes?
Read spellcaster's first post. He's trying to create a new Vidya Game museum. You and I seem to be the collecting :obviously: of the Codex so I thought he might want to talk with you.

Luzur

Good Sir
i could help him with info and mayhaps pics of boxes, but selling any of my actual games?

he will be in personal bankruptcy within half a year.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol:
Well I may contact you guys eventually about the site project and the boxes/manuals if you can help with that :thumbsup:
Well, I have archived photos of many of my games that show the front/ back covers of the boxes (and clue books/ strat guides), as well as the contents of what is inside the boxes. I don't have pictures/ scans of the pages of manuals or clue books/ strategy guides as that would be a monumental task I'm not willing to commit to :P . I can send the pics I have to you whenever you need them. It might be easier just to send you a thumb drive with the pics as each of them is around 1.5-2mb each. Just let me know as I'm happy to help one of my Codex bros. :love: .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom