Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #30: On Factions, Damonta and other stuff

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

This month's Wasteland 2 Kickstarter update covers a wide range of topics. I'll go over them one by one.

First of all, inXile will soon be ready to ship out backer T-Shirts. Normally, we aren't interested in merchandising gimmicks here at the Codex, but it seems these shirts will represent some of the factions from the game, and a concise description of the factions is provided:

The Desert Rangers are the faction you will play as; one of the most influential groups of post-apocalyptic Arizona and the policemen of the wasteland. The Red Skorpion Militia is a well-organized band of raiders, one that has past ties and nasty future plans for the Desert Rangers. The Pistol Packing Priests are a dangerous group of fanatics who believe the apocalypse was judgment come to mankind, and are devoted to seeing its cleansing work continued on the surviving populace.​

If you pledged for a shirt, be sure to log onto Ranger Center and select the one you want. Speaking of Ranger Center, the update also informs us that the team is going to start finalizing all backer content over the next few months, so make sure you've entered all of that into Ranger Center as well. Pledge tiers that include backer content ($500 and up) will become unavailable starting from July 31st.

The update lists some recent Wasteland 2-related news, which you may be aware of if you've been following on Twitter or Facebook. There are these two portraits, the latter of which is a representation of Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan, who has been an enthusiastic backer of both Wasteland 2 and Torment (I think there may be a bit of a wish fulfillment element here). There's also an official Wasteland 2 fan site now, where you can find a transcript of the design documents that Chris Avellone showed at his recent Rezzed presentation, among other things.

Finally, there's a general update on the state of production and a new screenshot of Damonta, a location within the game:

Pick a department and they’re making amazing progress. Most of our game systems are in and working. The team is currently busting ass to get the remainders in for a full feature lock. Meanwhile, the level designers are taking the time to craft each encounter and focusing on the reactive elements. Mark Morgan is about to get started on the next batch of music for us. Now that we’re starting to lock our script for the radio voice over from Vargas, we’re able to kick off the recordings next week. Radio plays a huge role in the game and adds a very interesting element to how you navigate the wasteland. That system is fully functioning and will continue to get deeper and deeper. The art team is taking additional passes on each map and adding bits of detail everywhere they can. We’ve also picked up some great team members to help us close out the last third of development. Things are moving fast here!​

This is followed by a description of Damonta, told from an in-game perspective by a character named "Werewolf Wally", who is a radio jockey there. Werewolf... wait a second, is that supposed to be a Three Dog reference?!

Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

This is followed by a description of Damonta, told from an in-game perspective by a character named "Werewolf Wally", who is a radio jockey there. Werewolf... wait a second, is that supposed to be a Three Dog reference?!

:what:

Even if it's mockingly put there...

luke-skywalker-noooooo.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
C'mon now, the "wolf/dog" personality radio announcer is pretty ubiquitous, most well-known being Wolfman Jack I suppose. Three Dog and Werewolf Wally just draw from the same well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
18:23 - Brother None: Dude it's not a Three Dog reference :mad:
18:23 - Infinitron: Come on dude
18:24 - Brother None: I doubt Nathan even knows who Three Dog is
18:24 - Infinitron: nuke grenades
18:24 - Infinitron: huge weapons
18:24 - Infinitron: canine-themed radio jockeys
18:24 - Brother None: Nooooo
18:24 - Brother None: You know too much
18:24 - Infinitron: Check Nathan closely
18:24 - Infinitron: I think it's a disguised Todd Howard doppelganger
18:25 - Brother None: zomg

:lol:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I like the scorpion t-shirt, but I only pledged 100 doolarns :(

Screenshot looks sweet too. I would like to some some actual in-game shots, with UI and everything.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
C'mon now, the "wolf/dog" personality radio announcer is pretty ubiquitous, most well-known being Wolfman Jack I suppose. Three Dog and Werewolf Wally just draw from the same well.
I don't think you are really convincing anyone.
I like the scorpion t-shirt, but I only pledged 100 doolarns :(
You can still fix that, but $50 for a t-shirt is kind of steep. :/

Wizfall

Cipher
Screenshot is very nice.
Werewolf Wally already gets on my nerve, doesn't really matter if he is a 3Dog ref or not as he seems to share the same personality.
So why make something similar again, moreover in another post apocalyptic game ?
It's not like there are not other radio animator archetype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom