Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

-

Last edited by a moderator:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Everyone loves RCT. I wish it were a bit more difficult though (RCT2 fixed this somewhat by not allowing you to charge both at entrance and rides).

Holy shit at that Micro Park. I never bothered playing that park, felt it stifled my creativity. Guess I just wasn't creative enough.

By the way, for anyone wishing to relive their memories: it is 100% compatible with modern Windows. No issues at all.

Ovg

Cipher
GXz3jZc.jpg

NDylaFO.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played the shit out of RCT years ago, but I haven't touched it since the early 2000s. I probably have the CD lying around somewhere, and I think I had one of the expansion packs. I should dig that up.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Ninja edit: witness the super small multi-floor park with tons of shit in:

OxRZxMP.png
I was going to mock everyone in this thread for playing a game that is for little girls, but then I got distracted by thinking about how awesome a huge multi-floor amusement park could be. Maybe the lower levels have been abandoned decades ago, and are now inhabited by gangs of mutant carnies and cannibal clowns.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Played the original back in the day and loved it. I bought the game and its sequel with all add-ons on GOG a few days ago when they were on sale, I hope I can find some time to get back to these awesome games.

Absalom

I turn into a absolutely VILE human being when I play RCT. Especially 3 since you can force people to pay as many times to get on a transport ride only so they have to pay again... But hey, theres an ATM right there!

Designing coasters is fun as balls tho and anyone who says otherwise is a communist.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
I think the first two games are incredible technical (software development) achievements. I also found them fun to play :)

Played the first one a lot a month ago, but the parks quickly turn samey due to monotonous objectives, and tech tree being the same each time. How does the sequels hold up?

Whisky

The Solution
RCT2 is basically the same game, but with more landscaping options (Namely, you can select the height of landscaping options, allowing you to do stuff like create custom building) and rides. The graphics are the same for the most part. The only downside to RCT2 over the original is that the scenarios in it are boring, but you can download RCT1 maps that are ported for RCT2 on the internet.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Same here. The 3D graphics are the reason why I always dismissed the third installment out of hand, but maybe I should give it a try if you guys say it's worth it.

Turjan

Arcane
I bought RCT3 during the GOG Atari farewell sale, so I can finally see this form myself. I have never played the games at all, but that looks really interesting.

Borelli

Arcane
I played the first one back in the day and loved every second of it. I remember when designing custom rollercoasters at first i would open them to the public without testing them, so after a MASSIVE downward rails i put only a tiny upward slope so the railcar jumped out and continued flying.
Needless to say, the customers were not impressed.:( i gave no refunds if you die on a coaster

I also remember people vomiting after a ride?:lol: Gives the cleaning man something to do.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
a game that would be such a massive hit if it got released these days.

Yeah, no. I bet it would be considered too complicated, with too much micromanagement and other retarded shit.

Let's see what happens when Transport Tycoon is released for iFags and Assdroids.

Skunkpew

Augur
I wish the player could unlock a testing mode so that after laying every ten pieces or so, the player could see the real time excitement, intensty, and nausea levels of the ride while they build. I think that would allow players to build some absolutely massive coasters. As it is, I might spend half an hour on a ride, and even if the intensity is 8, I can't be bothered to go back and fiddle with every turn and hill to eventually lower it to a respectable 7 or something.

It'd be amazing to build a 6 minute ride that is just perfect. If players could test in realtime, I don't think the game would be as boring. People would still be building insane tracks.

Whisky

The Solution
The only problem I have with building is that you can't pause the game and build. Intensity and excitement aren't too hard to manage when you get used to what causes them (I think doing a corkscrew or loop above a certain speed will result in instant 10+ Intensity) and how to avoid too much G forces. When I played for the first time, I didn't understand Lateral Gs and never made any banked turns, even on coasters going 100km/h+.

Still seems like some of the pre-built coasters manage to get away with more than I can. If I tried making my own Agoraphobic and Claustrophobia, no one would ever ride it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom